Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running in Athlone

Options
  • 13-10-2015 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to get back to running after nearly a year and I'm new to Athlone. Does anyone know of a good spot to go for a run that doesn't involve running beside traffic or getting in the way of pedestrians??

I live along the Dublin Road, so I'm not too sure of where everything is yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

If you are about on Saturday mornings, try park run in the AIT. It starts at 9.30am and does two laps of the football pitch and college grounds for a 5km.

There's an athletics club in AIT and they have a Fit4Life section. Don't know much about it though. There's an indoor and outdoor running track at the college.

Your nearest GAA club is Garrycastle - don't know what facilities they have there in terms of running but I know their pitch is well lit up with floodlights!

Lastly, there's a group goes from Kilmartins at 8.30 on Sunday mornings, I'm not sure what roads they go.

(just realised I don't know much about any of the above, I just know of their existence!)

Advertisement