Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Valid Until Date

Options
  • 13-10-2015 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I did an online shop yesterday and the price was showing as 'valid until 13/10/2015'

Which is today, but I have been charged the full price instead of the reduced price.

I always understood, rightly I hope, :D that this means an item is available at that price until the end of the day of the date displayed.

Am I correct.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It might depend on the date selected for delivery, as that is when they will actually charge your card.

Might be worth dropping an email to customer care to see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

dudara wrote: »
    It might depend on the date selected for delivery, as that is when they will actually charge your card.

Might be worth dropping an email to customer care to see what the story is.

I placed the order on the 13th and the offer was valid until the 14th which was also the day of delivery.

Its funny because when in my basket the items when you clicked on the little red triangle clearly states, 'you have qualified for 3 for €3' but price was showing as the full price. Other offers in my basket showed the discounted price.

Anyway bunged off an email more out of curiosity than anything.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I placed the order on the 13th and the offer was valid until the 14th which was also the day of delivery.

Its funny because when in my basket the items when you clicked on the little red triangle clearly states, 'you have qualified for 3 for €3' but price was showing as the full price. Other offers in my basket showed the discounted price.

Anyway bunged off an email more out of curiosity than anything.:)
    If the price shows as 'valid until 13/10/2015' then it is only available for deliveries up to the end of that date so any deliveries today the 14th will not be at that price regardless of when you placed the order online!

The price you pay is dependant on the delivery date and is the price of the goods at the till at the time your order is dispatched.

I was overcharged more that €13 yesterday over special offers on frozen fish and pizzas which were 'valid until 13/10/2015', I had ordered them on the 11th and they were delivered on the 13th. I rang the freephone number on the receipt and got a refund from a very pleasant customer service manager.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    If the price shows as 'valid until 13/10/2015' then it is only available for deliveries up to the end of that date so any deliveries today the 14th will not be at that price regardless of when you placed the order online!

The price you pay is dependant on the delivery date and is the price of the goods at the till at the time your order is dispatched.

I was overcharged more that €13 yesterday over special offers on frozen fish and pizzas which were 'valid until 13/10/2015', I had ordered them on the 11th and they were delivered on the 13th. I rang the freephone number on the receipt and got a refund from a very pleasant customer service manager.

ooops I gave the wrong dates there in my last post, should have been ordered on the 12th and delivered on the 13th.

Nice when they refund without hassle and with a smile:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I did an online shop yesterday and the price was showing as 'valid until 13/10/2015'

Which is today, but I have been charged the full price instead of the reduced price.

I always understood, rightly I hope, :D that this means an item is available at that price until the end of the day of the date displayed.

Am I correct.

Nope, unfortunately the deal is over starting on the 13/10/2015. I clarified this on the phone with them a few months ago (just to be sure before I bought).

• Advertisement

Nope, unfortunately the deal is over starting on the 13/10/2015. I clarified this on the phone with them a few months ago (just to be sure before I bought).

That's not correct going by this response I got from them.
    Good afternoon and thank you for your email.
    I’m sorry that you were incorrectly charged for the 7Up you received in your 13th October order. I can understand your disappointment with this especially as the offer was still valid on your day of delivery.

I’ve therefore refunded the difference of €4.17 onto your payment card. Please allow 3-5 working days for this to process and you’ll shortly receive an email to confirm the amount. In addition, it looks as if the offer was removed early to prepare for the change in promotions which began on the 14th. This was an isolated incident and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Fantastic quick response from them, very impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

as a retailer - if I put up a sign saying valid until 13th and then told a customer that this meant it was over at the start of the 13th I would fully expect the customer to walk and never return.

In business, valid until "x" means valid until close of business on that date. No ifs or buts.

Advertisement