If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audio Mass Sub not working

Options
  • 13-10-2015 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Hi, my MA sub has stopped working recently. The light on the sub is always red, which I understand means it is powered on but not receiving a signal (from Yamaha 673). I have checked the settings on the receiver and they are fine (sub is enabled etc) and when using test tone it still doesn't work. I have tried switching from the Bass 1 output to Bass 2 output on the receiver but that didnt work either. I have also disabled the 'auto' power function on the sub and switched it to the permanently on function to rule that out. All the levels on the sub are set fairly high so its not just really quiet.

Do you have any suggestions as to how to determine if the problem lies with the receiver or the sub? 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Mr.David wrote: »
    Hi, my MA sub has stopped working recently. The light on the sub is always red, which I understand means it is powered on but not receiving a signal (from Yamaha 673). I have checked the settings on the receiver and they are fine (sub is enabled etc) and when using test tone it still doesn't work. I have tried switching from the Bass 1 output to Bass 2 output on the receiver but that didnt work either. I have also disabled the 'auto' power function on the sub and switched it to the permanently on function to rule that out. All the levels on the sub are set fairly high so its not just really quiet.

Do you have any suggestions as to how to determine if the problem lies with the receiver or the sub? 
    Hi Mr.David.

Sorry to hear that you are having issue with your Mass sub.

Seems you've tried most options for testing. However you could power the sub on and unplug the cable from the rear of the 673. Then place your thumb on top of the phone cable. This should cause the sub to make a popping/rumble sound.

Might you have someone who would have another sub you could also test on your 673 to double check.

If you PM me your full name and address it was purchased under I can check if it is still in warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I had the very same issue with my Mass sub this week. Spent ages trying to get it to wake back up. Switched between the on/auto modes. Tried with the lfe and red/white cables. Removed the trigger cable etc. Just the red light was on.

In the end I plugged it out and left it for 5 minutes - clicked the power switch (on the unit) on and off while plugged out in the hope of clearing any capacitors -  and powered it back on and it kicked back to life with the green light. Talked to a friend who also has the mass set and his sub has done this a few times also. This was the first time it happened to me and I've had it a year and a half.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

I had the very same issue with my Mass sub this week. Spent ages trying to get it to wake back up. Switched between the on/auto modes. Tried with the lfe and red/white cables. Removed the trigger cable etc. Just the red light was on.

In the end I plugged it out and left it for 5 minutes - clicked the power switch (on the unit) on and off while plugged out in the hope of clearing any capacitors -  and powered it back on and it kicked back to life with the green light. Talked to a friend who also has the mass set and his sub has done this a few times also. This was the first time it happened to me and I've had it a year and a half.
    Thanks for the info Pixel trawler :D
    Mr.David wrote: »

Mr David, just curious if you tried Pixel trawlers suggestion above?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.