Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Irish Math Trade

Options
  • 13-10-2015 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

I used the boardgame tag but in theory this could be used for RPGs and card games. I should have posted it before now since the deadline is tomorrow, if you are interested in trading some of your games read this and head to BGG this evening.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/197599/second-irish-math-trade-geeklist

To give a brief explanation of how this works.

Everyone lists the games they have to trade. For each game you to trade you list the games you want for it in order of preference. A computer works out a chain of trades that means you get what you want if possible.

For example. I want to get rid of Dominion. Alice is offering Kemet. Bob is offering Arkham Horror. I decide I want to trade Dominion for Kemet. Alice doesn't want Dominion, she wants Arkham Horror. Luckily Bob wants to trade Arkham Horror for Dominion. I send Dominion to Bob, he sends Arkham Horror to Alice and Alice sends Kemet to me. Everyone gets what they want.

With only three people this is easy to work out (and it's also unlikely to happen). With a few dozen participants the chance of you getting a trade is increased and you need a computer to figure out the chain.

Advertisement