Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scheme of Work samples

• 13-10-2015 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Are there anywhere online where there are sample work samples. I want to make sure that I have included everything in mine. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 oneright

What subject are you looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

English and History. Im struggling to find anything useful online and I wasn't told anything about this in Uni

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭doc_17

Don't worry too much them. As long as you cover the syllabus you should be fine. If you are preparing for an inspection a word of advice, no matter how much time you spend at it, they will still find a recommendation or two for you. Don't torture yourself if you already think it's done to a high standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

You are best to establish your own, work on the, over time...establish what headings you are going to work from. Examples: timescale, topic to be covered, learning outcomes, literacy, numeracy, resources, homework etc. Plan what order you want to teach your topics in, how long each should take and work from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Don't worry about what they look like, worry about what you need. A pretty one that you never look at is useless. You want one that's clear enough and useful enough to stick on your wall. Timeframe, topic, general objectives, resources are good headings. Go back to the syllabus for objectives and some of the textbooks have plans in them. For the new JC, there are schemes on the website.

Does your subject dept have one? We tend to work off the same scheme in our place and adjust to suit the particular class and teacher.

• Advertisement
Advertisement