Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coillte outdoor permits

Options
  • 13-10-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

Moght not be the right forum but its got to do with outdoor prrsuits so said id chance here first.
    Ive come across this today but all i can gather (imo) is its just a way for coillte to make money from people trying to participate in a free activity.
    I cant seem to find a straight price for this and can only find an option to contact coillte for a price.
    Also it looks like someone would have to have insurance to get the permit.
    Have any of ye obtained one for personal/group use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭Enduro

What exactly are you looking to get a permit for. Is it some kind of organised event?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

No no just for the likes of dog training, camping, maybe some game bird rearing/releasing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

djflawless wrote: »
    No no just for the likes of dog training, camping, maybe some game bird rearing/releasing

Coillte have an 'open forest' policy for the public for personal use and recreation. Once you stray into any organised or commercial or semi commercial use - you'd need to be talking to them. I've seen various parts of Coillte lands used for game bird rearing around the country but there's local gun clubs and the likes organising these.

Don't be tempted to do anything illegal because if anything goes wrong, the bills ain't going to be pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

That was one of the reasons i asked about the permit.id imagine their solicitors are not to be messed with :D

Advertisement