Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JFK to Astoria (but not by taxi)

Options
  • 13-10-2015 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hello.
    Could anyone recommend a way of getting to Astoria from JFK without taking a taxi. Is there a shuttle which takes passengers to a subway?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Wexford96 wrote: »
    Hello.
    Could anyone recommend a way of getting to Astoria from JFK without taking a taxi. Is there a shuttle which takes passengers to a subway?
    Thank you.

I did this trip last December. I was staying in an apartment in Astoria. Get the airtrain (it's a train that links the different JFK terminals) to Jamaica station. Jump on the E train (blue line in the map) as far as Queens Plaza. You'll have to walk 5 minutes to Queensboro Plaza station and you can jump on a N or Q train (yellow lines on the subway map). Both of those will take you to Astoria.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

I did this trip last December. I was staying in an apartment in Astoria. Get the airtrain (it's a train that links the different JFK terminals) to Jamaica station. Jump on the E train (blue line in the map) as far as Queens Plaza. You'll have to walk 5 minutes to Queensboro Plaza station and you can jump on a N or Q train (yellow lines on the subway map). Both of those will take you to Astoria.
    That's great! Thanks for your advice. I can save a few bob this way. Cheers!

That's great! Thanks for your advice. I can save a few bob this way. Cheers!

If you're in NY for a week you should buy a week pass for around $30. You'll get unlimited subway usage for the week. It's one of the most value for money things I've ever bought.

If you're in NY fir a week you shoujd but a week pass for around $30. You'll get unlimited subway usage fir the week. It's one of the most value for money things I've ever bought.

Will do. They're available at Jamaica Station?

Will do. They're available at Jamaica Station?

Ya, you can buy them from machines or newsagent kiosks at the station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Depends on where in Astoria you are going

If closer to Steinway then take the E train as far as Jackon Heights and then change in the station to R and take to Steinway / 36st / 46st

Thanks for that Joe.
    Im headed to the last stop on the N. Ditmars Boulevard.

Advertisement