Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health and safety benefit

Options
  • 13-10-2015 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hey all looking for advice I am working in a physical job which requires a lot of lifting stretching and hard manual work.

My doctor strongly advised me that I should be on Health and safety benefit so I got all the forms all done up my employer signed them and also listed all the risks associated with the job all was reviewed by the department and approved.

I am paid bi-weekly and was due payment yesterday from my employer as with health and safety benefit.....

"employer should pay the employee for the first 21days (3 working weeks) "

The payment never arrived in my account I called my employer today and was told NO I will not get paid from them as they do not pay Maternity Benefit, I politely told them it was not Maternity Benefit but H&S Leave to which they had signed all the forms and also signed and approved the section where it stated...

"I fully understand I am obliged to pay my employee for the first 21days"

They are now saying they will not pay me and they signed this by mistake and then went on to say they didn't know what they were signing and stamping!

Are they not legally obliged to pay me as stated on the form which they signed?

Need some advice soon please :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dizzy bee

Very quick call to Nera will tell you where you stand. In any dealings I've had with them, they have been great. Really nice and helpful. Hope you get sorted x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Definitely call NERA.

Advertisement