Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodworking Tutor

• 13-10-2015 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi just looking to find out how to become a Woodworking tutor. I have completed a cabinetmaking apprenticeship and just just finished a Degree in Timber Product Technology at D.I.T Bolton Street. Just trying to find out how to go about teaching in some format or how to get a start.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

woodworker wrote: »
    Hi just looking to find out how to become a Woodworking tutor. I have completed a cabinetmaking apprenticeship and just just finished a Degree in Timber Product Technology at D.I.T Bolton Street. Just trying to find out how to go about teaching in some format or how to get a start.

If you want to be a woodwork teacher you need to go to UL and do the postgrad course in technology education. Otherwise you can do the 4year undergrad course in ul or letterfrack

• Registered Users Posts: 2 woodworker

How long would the post grad be ? I like to be able to do it as quick as possible however 4 years may be the only option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

The postgrad PME in technology is two years. Check with UL for entry requirements. That's more for post primary teaching .Is it further education sector you want to work in ? You could check out the higher diploma in further education in Maynooth University. Again it very important that you check your qualifications are recognised by the Irish teaching council before you start either course. Here's the link for maynooth
    https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/adult-and-community-education/our-courses/higher-diploma-further-education

Advertisement