Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to Vtos need advice

Options
  • 13-10-2015 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

I just started a leaving cert course with vTos http://www.vtoscarlow.ie/ and im doing

English,
    Maths,
    Art,
    Business,
    Economics,
    Geography

I never went to secondary and would like to finally do this, id love to go on to do something in computers afterwards, so this is my test bed to see if i am capable. if i pass pretty good ill go to the I.T if not ill go and do something different next year.

The problem is im finding the course pretty intensive and i have been out of education for a very long time. I'm 39. i would like to maybe drop one subject so i can concentrate on the others better and im thinking art. The business/economics teacher is pretty hard on us but that's probably i guess and i feel if i did past those two they would benefit me more the art would in the long run.

My question; Can i drop a subject now or is it too late?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Are you doing the Leaving in one or two years? If it's one year, it's going to be fairly hard going for everyone, so it's not just you.

Talk to your tutor about how you're feeling about the work rate. It's understandable that if you've been out of education for a while you'd find it a bit of a shock.

Will you be applying to college as a mature student or will you be applying through the CAO using your points? If it's the CAO, you're better off keeping all six subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Id more then likely be trying my mature status and my good looks lol

also what about before i did some Fetac level 5. what happens to those points do they ever get used up? is there a way to find out what i have like checking your phone balance?

I was told i could drop 1 subject so i have dropped Art, its a shame but i cant sere it helping me in the long run

Advertisement