Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studio Gear Essentials

Options
  • 14-10-2015 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Out of curiosity; what do you think are a "must have" for your own production set up. I'm looking to buy some new gear and I'd like to hear your opinions on what has changed the game for you.

Personally for me so far, I'd say the biggest game changer for me was getting some acoustic treatment put up in the room...and the first time I heard music on active monitors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Better monitors. There's always a case to be made for better monitors!

And preamps. Better preamps. Obviously.

:)

Realistic and cheap answer: Some isolating padding for your monitors to sit on.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

A good interface – my Prism Orpheus. Also my Neve console. Just got an API 10 space – nice comps and EQs will be the next addition to the studio. And...believe it or not...a 'donor' mic that I fitted with a U87 clone diaphragm and electronics from Microphone Parts.com – total success! A really nice LDC and I use it on a lot of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jefferytibbs

A decent sized space with monitors that are good for that space. A fast computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

comfortable chair and an ergonomic mouse!

Advertisement