Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parkrun Porterstown

Options
  • 14-10-2015 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

parkrun Porterstown is starting on Saturday 17 October at 9:30am. It will be almost 3 laps of the park.

I run at parkrun Hartstown and it is great. Volunteering is fun too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Cheers

Should be good. Ive done the run in hartstown, its very well organised.

3 laps can get boring in porterstown when you plod along on your own, heres hoping that its good fun with a crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Any one volunteering ?
    I may go for the time keeper ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

First run results are online: http://www.parkrun.ie/porterstown/results/latestresults/

What a great athlete name: Donncha MULVIHILLISTHEBOMBYESISAIDITWHATUGONNADOAB (he obviously ran out of space to finish the name (UTIT).

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

Done this this morning, really enjoyed it.

Nice to have another option locally, well done to the people who set it up and the volunteers.

Busy little park on a saturday morning.

Bulmers wrote: »
    Busy little park on a saturday morning.
    Was this a problem? Did you have to dodge people on the paths? (especially at the car park stretch)

• Advertisement

daymobrew wrote: »
    Was this a problem? Did you have to dodge people on the paths? (especially at the car park stretch)

No was fine for the run ,just when leaving there was alot of people coming in for matches

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

How was parking?

Parking was grand, i got there just after 9:20 or so and there were some spaces left in the car park. Church overflow was also open.

fletch wrote: »
    How was parking?
    Parking (considerably) in Annfield/Fernleigh is also an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Might give this a go Saturday as a change from Hartstown. I'll be interested how close I can to my Hartstown PB @18:50 considering that IIRC there are more inclines in Porterstown.

• Advertisement
Advertisement