Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Winter Glove Time

• 14-10-2015 7:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭

So i've had the Held Air N Dry recommended by a couple of folks - anyone have any other recommendations before I pull the trigger? It' possibly that time of year for a couple of people, who are digging out winter gloves and finding that the mice have gotten to them.

It's getting cold and ****ty enough that I'm starting to use my bockety old RST sweaty ski glove type things that I got starting out and it's not pretty. Warmth not so massive a deal with heated grips, but windproof and waterproof are the thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

gerrowadat wrote: »
    So i've had the Held Air N Dry recommended by a couple of folks - anyone have any other recommendations before I pull the trigger? It' possibly that time of year for a couple of people, who are digging out winter gloves and finding that the mice have gotten to them.

It's getting cold and ****ty enough that I'm starting to use my bockety old RST sweaty ski glove type things that I got starting out and it's not pretty. Warmth not so massive a deal with heated grips, but windproof and waterproof are the thing.

Held air n dry really are a super pair of gloves but will not do you on really cold days, I recommend the richa gtx series winter gloves. Whichever gloves you go for make sure they are XTRAFIT so not bulky but still warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Ive Dainese Evo Scout GTX gloves.
    Not too bulky and never let a drop in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

http://www.cottermc.com/gloves/richa-cold-protect-gtx-glove-black-fluo

I've a pair of these Richa Cold Protect goretex gloves. Find them very warm and never had a leak with them. Been using them the last couple of months actually (lots of early morning/middle of the night commutes) - in the warmer weather they don't get uncomfortably sweaty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Have a pair of heated gloves from Gerbing. They are very warm, but a bit bulky. I find it awkward controlling the clutch with them, as they can catch the clutch when releasing. But I am a noob, so more experienced people may have no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

I have the Richa Ice Polar GTX and they're awesome. Warm, comfortable, and NEVER let any water in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Muffs do the job of keeping most of the real cold out and keeping your gloves dry too. Some folks reckon they look terrible on a bike, honestly, I couldn't care less in winter what they look like. Actually I obviously don't care about the looks in summer either, they are on all year round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

mjsc1970 wrote: »
    Muffs do the job of keeping most of the real cold out and keeping your gloves dry too. Some folks reckon they look terrible on a bike, honestly, I couldn't care less in winter what they look like. Actually I obviously don't care about the looks in summer either, they are on all year round.

Savage piece of kit. These combined with some heated hand grips and you can wear whatever glove you like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This is an age old question, but its a simple one. If you really fell the cold on your hands there is only 1 solution.

1) Muffs / Guards
    2) Heated Grips
    3) Breathable Winter Gloves.

You have to get all 3 otherwise its pointless and you will be back to feeling the cold and asking people for glove recommendations. Again costing a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

with a set of bark busters on, I know folks that get away with regular summer gloves and heated grips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

goodlad wrote: »
    Ive Dainese Evo Scout GTX gloves.
    Not too bulky and never let a drop in.

+1

Best winter gloves I've ever had. Have had Held, BKS, Icon and Alpinestars, these Dainese's are the best I've had the pleasure of owning.

• Advertisement

The Dainese Jerico Evo GTX would be another super glove better cold temp rating but less tactile.

My hands do still get cold in my Dainese evo Scout. But like wonda said, if i want warmer then its a thicker glove and less tactile.

I put handguards onto the fz1 the other day and got my r&g heated grips today. My hands better be warm after all this!! :D

goodlad wrote: »
    My hands do still get cold in my Dainese evo Scout. But like wonda said, if i want warmer then its a thicker glove and less tactile.

I put handguards onto the fz1 the other day and got my r&g heated grips today. My hands better be warm after all this!! :D

They will be, but the bike looks like an agricultural specimen with hand guards!

Poppycock!!! It looks great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Held freezer 2 for me. Heated gloves would be best though.

I thought you were packing it in for the winter?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Wossack wrote: »
    with a set of bark busters on, I know folks that get away with regular summer gloves and heated grips

Yeah my tdm has them and the ktm doesn't
    The difference is huge

zubair wrote: »
    Held freezer 2 for me. Heated gloves would be best though.

I thought you were packing it in for the winter?!

Me? Nah man, just for the icy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

I bought the Richa cold protect gtx last week and this week I've driven to the Netherlands and back (just shy of 2k km) in two long stints. Fingers were fairly warm throughout though did get slightly chilly at times in the tips but no worse than that( this includes a stint at 250kph, gotta love germany).

There wasn't much rain but what little there was never got into the gloves. I did find them a tad bulky though but no so much as to cause any problems.

I highly recommend them.

Advertisement