Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property purchase delay

Options
  • 14-10-2015 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Guys

I have sale agreed on a property 4 weeks ago and as per my last post the vendor's solicitor is saying that they are still waiting for the title deeds from the bank. Yesterday I was informed by the Estate Agent that the vendor's solicitor has received the title deeds but they are incomplete and missing things such as planning document.

Are the estate agent and vendor trying to hide something like any past issues with the property? My solicitor says that if planning document are missing from title deeds there must be some serious issue.

Has anyone got any views on this.

Thanks,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

4 weeks is no length! Unfortunately you just have to be really patient at this point and hope both solicitors are good. It wouldnt really have anything to do with the estate agents they wouldn't be privy to plans or title deeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭meme74

We were waiting 7 weeks for title deeds on a very straight forward sale so I wouldnt worry. Im sure things like this go missin all the itme but the banks/vendors solicitors are not always so up front as yours have been. At least you are being kept in the loop. title deeds getting sorted is usually the longest part of the wait in the whole process.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Sun in Capri

I went sale agreed end of July and am only closing next week. Estate Agent is working for vendor so at this stage I would liaise only with your solicitor who you are paying to sort all of this. If there are issues your solicitor should be the one telling you what they are and how they can be overcome.

Advertisement