Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did I get the wrong phone?

Options
  • 14-10-2015 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Last year i got an iphone 5....because I needed a reliable phone...and I was told that apple built the best. Well the wretched thing has gone to hospital as it is not connecting to any charger....it will be there for up to two weeks !! To say I am dissapointed is an understatement.... Anybody out there with the same problem ? and if so is it recurring ?
    Should I have got an Iphone at all ?....brands dont bother me...had a Samsung...terrible yoke altogether.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

So your phone broke, you are not the first and you won't be the last. It happens. My advise is to invest in a cheap backup smartphone in case of this happening again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Your either heavy handed when connecting or disconnecting the charger cable to the iPhone or there's dirt or debris getting in the charger port from your pockets / bag etc.

Best advice, when you get the iPhone back from Apple, invest in a good cover case that has a charger port protector.
    And be more gentle when connecting / disconnecting it..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Your either heavy handed when connecting or disconnecting the charger cable to the iPhone or there's dirt or debris getting in the charger port from your pockets / bag etc.

Best advice, when you get the iPhone back from Apple, invest in a good cover case that has a charger port protector.
    And be more gentle when connecting / disconnecting it..

I've had iPhones since the 3GS and the only time I had a problem was after using a dodgy car charger I bought in a garage and used in a truck. Had an iPhone 5 and had to send it for repair. Never been a fan of cases on them and no problems without.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

unbreakable

677952-b70853e4-e47a-11e3-ba62-a129b4e220c3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8 turbo anglia

Well folks I minds me phones....and when you think you're getting quality and it proves otherwise one can be a bit annoyed. Dirt in the charger port is not the problem...hoovered it spotless and no joy.
    Iphone 4s have no charging problems, anyone l asked tells me so.
    Still have that Nokia....have problems with its sat nav though !
    If you have business data on your phone you need to back it up daily...that's my lesson!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lightning is way more resilient than microUSB, you just got unlucky Id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 turbo anglia

The end result was a new phone...excellent...but only because l had insurance. Now the charging port feels a good fit when the lead is inserted...that was absent on old phone. So do consider insurance folks.

Advertisement