Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who has to pay the old water bill for new house before moving in?

Options
  • 14-10-2015 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

We moved into new house from Oct 1 2015 . We transferred water bill to our new house and paid all water bill where we were renting before. Now we received water bill for 128 Euros for Our New House ? who has to pay the water bill which is due 128 Euros ? Builder or we the house owners ? Please advice me or anybody in the same boat ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Have you rang Irish water? I found them very helpful when I needed to ring to sort a billing issue. I sold my apartment and kept getting bills ( I hadn't told them I moved) when I rang they sorted the issue very quickly.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JIM OSCAR

Have you rang Irish water? I found them very helpful when I needed to ring to sort a billing issue. I sold my apartment and kept getting bills ( I hadn't told them I moved) when I rang they sorted the issue very quickly.

Will ring water.ie and find out ... Thanks for your input..

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Had the very same query Jim - check here;

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057497464/1#post97111138

Thnaks Flatzie_poo ....

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

we just moved into our new house. Hubby rang them before we moved and transferred our account to our new house

• Advertisement

Jen44 wrote: »
    we just moved into our new house. Hubby rang them before we moved and transferred our account to our new house

Hi Jen . We were renting before we could move into our new House. We transferred our account details to our new house and water.ie agreed to send bill until September 30th (renting place ) to us, and from 1st October we moved into our new house. We got our water bill for our new house(not renting place) as builder did not pay the water bill . When we received the water bill in post as THE OCCUPANTS and house address.We called the builder and they told we have to pay the water bill( 128 Euros) . Then we called water.ie then they told us we have to pay from the time when we signed the contract for new house( we signed the contract around July 10th) and we have to pay from that date to until September 30th vacant place (it is around 28 Euros not sure as we were not living in the house). Then we rang builder then they said we informed water.ie then they changed as we never dealt with such case ( all lies ). Thanks all for your valuable inputs...

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

oh thats a bit different from us then as I know the previous occupiers did pay their water bill up till we moved in. Our solicitor made sure to get it included as pre contract request

Advertisement