Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland bins service

Options
  • 14-10-2015 11:54am
    Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭

I've just got a text off Thorntons to say my bins will be collected tomorrow, and that my account has been closed. Chatting on the phone it appears the Charlesland management company has put this in place.

First ive heard of it, and it seems by tomorrow I wont have a bin. Anyone know whats going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Which part of Charlesland are you in?
    Are you renting?
    Are bins already provided for within the terms of your lease.

If the management company are looking to remove your bins, it may be due to a lack of space

There is usually a simple explanation .....

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

AFIK, the situation is this.....
    In some parts of Charlesland, Apartments/Duplexes have waste removal included in their management fees.
    Only reason I asked if you were renting is because some landlords forget to tell their tennants that waste disposal is already covered in the management fees.
    There may be an imcumbent provider who has signed a contract with the Management Company as exclusive provider.
    If this is the case, there is no requirement for an alternative bin collection service for the apartments.
    Similarly, taking int account the space issue (or lack of it) to store the bins, and the fact that Bin Collector X doesn’t want to be collecting Bin Collector Ys Bins, and it all makes a bit more sense.

Essentially the bottom line is this...
    Use the bins provided around the apartments & Duplexes. They are already paid for.
    Alternatively, a short call to your management company should reesolve the issue.
    All of the Management company contact details are listed in a sticky at the top of the thread lists

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Where were you when I moved in:pac: ?

Landlord confirmed with me that their management fees cover bins, and I can use any of the greenstar bins behind the duplex. Not sure why they didnt tell me this when I moved in. I actually asked them, when I moved in, what's the situation with bins, and they said you can get either Thorntons or Greenstar. Now they tell me its covered by their fees and to just use the existing greenstar ones.

These landlords are an inspiration to me to buy my own place - one thing after another wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mrmright

Hi

My brother is due to move into Charlesland Wood in a rental property. Can anyone tell me what the situation is with the bins for the Charlesland wood apartments. If you are renting is the collection included in the landlords management fees. I took a walkdown passed but couldn't see any bins for the apartments. Where are the bins? I didn't see any apart from the bins under the duplex houses at the rear. Does he need to order bins? I have no idea what to tell him. Any info much appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement