Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Help

Options
  • 14-10-2015 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Have recently started my own company and we need to update the 3 PC's here. While I know my way around a smartphone and the computer I am not up to date with what will result in me underbuying/overbuying for the requirements.

Two PCs are used to run machines using a serial port connection, and extremely light admin use.

One PC is used for email, document control etc and all admin.

All need to be connected to printers and all need to have Microsoft office. Will need new monitors for all as well.

I defaulted to Dell.ie straight away and then almost just gave up and went to PC world but in this age there most be a ton of options out there?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Something important to consider here is warranty, if you buy the Dell small business site you can get good warranties for not much cash. As well as capable machines. By the sounds of it your requirements are very easy to fulfil. Almost any machine will do what you need.
    Two PCs are used to run machines using a serial port connection

This did catch my eye however, it might be worth seeing if you can buy a serial port to usb adapter on ebay and testing it on a machine you currently have. At least this way you will know whether your new computers will be able to talk to whatever equipment this is.

The spec you should aim for in your desktop, is i3 processor, 8GB of RAM. And storage will be 500GB + anyway which should more than cover you.

Advertisement