Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for new alarm

Options
  • 14-10-2015 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Folks,

I'm looking for some feedback on some quotes that I've gotten.

Quote includes HKC 1070 panel, 2 x keypads, external & internal bell box, 7 PIRs, 4 x door contacts. These have all been pre wired. Then an additional 2 wireless window inertia contacts and a GSM dialler.

Quotes are going from €1,200 to €1,450. Warranty seems to vary between 1 - 2 years. The companies seem reputable have done houses in the locality.

Would someone explain the benefit of getting the engineer codes? Do all installers offer these

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A strange set up. Is this how it has been wired. Why were the doors & windows not wired.
    The €1450 may be a little steep. I would recommend a different IP panel & get rid of the GSM . This will give you free monitoring alerts & free remote control of the system via an app.
    Most companies will give you the engineer code or engineer access.But this would void your warranty in many cases.
    There are really only 2 reasons you would need the engineer code.
    1) You wan't to make changes to the system yourself
    or
    2) You want to use another company to look after your system & they don't know how to default/reset or reprogramme the system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A strange set up. Is this how it has been wired. Why were the doors & windows not wired.
    The €1450 may be a little steep. I would recommend a different IP panel & get rid of the GSM . This will give you free monitoring alerts & free remote control of the system via an app.
    Most companies will give you the engineer code or engineer access.But this would void your warranty in many cases.
    or
    2) You want to use another company to look after your system & they don't know how to default/reset or reprogramme the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tbukela

KoolKid wrote: »
    or

Thanks for the reply.
    Sorry I wasn't very clear, the house was pre wired for the PIRs and the door contacts but not for windows. There is 20 plus windows so probably a combination of me being naive and the builder being cheap.

I have contacted a number of local installers and all only use HKC. I haven't been offered an alternative panel.

If you are looking for IP I would recommend shopping around. Personally, I am always weary of businesses or individuals whose knowledge is limited to one product or brand.

Advertisement