Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any companies/people that build to spec?

Options
  • 14-10-2015 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Need three new desktops for work and I am entirely blank minded in terms of technology. The general consensus online is building your own seems to be the way to go however this is not something I would consider, so just wondering if there are any independent companies/sole traders etc that would help with and build to spec?

Not set on this road- I don't require anything special just weighing up options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

In that situation you can't really go far wrong with dell for uniformity as well as their warrantys which are pretty good. Unless there is a specific requirement on the pcs that would require custom building them for a specific purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Thanks Ant, will go the dell route for simplicity then, really appreciate the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Thanks Ant, will go the dell route for simplicity then, really appreciate the help.

No worries. For a personal one I'd almost always say build. But my experiences in work have been dell all the way and I'm told that for 14 of the last 15 years they've used dell although I haven't been here that long but always had great service, technicians coming out to do repairs when nessacary etc... and no sign of it changing to anyone else in the next 15 years either.

Advertisement