Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question about Prepay electricity pricing.

Options
  • 14-10-2015 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for information on the cost of Prepay electricity. The cards that are used in my house are the €5 top up cards not the latest credit like top up number. What I would like to know is how the cost is calculated for the units, VAT along with the levy's and charges. 

Is the charges and levy's deducted in one go or over a period of time? 

The reason why I am asking this is we used ~100 units in the last week and it cost us €35 euros of cards. From what I have read depending on what meter you are using the cost per unit and VAT is ~20 cent at the day and ~10 cent at night. The charges and levy are a bit harder to find the cost of online. I know that the levy's and charges are a constant number not depending on usage but 33 cents a unit seems pretty high so some verification on this I would appreciate.

Thanks

Niemad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi niemad,

Thank you for your interest in Pay As You Go with Electric Ireland. You can read more about this here.

The price per unit is the same as our standard electricity rates. The standing charge will depend on the type of meter installed and whether you are an urban or rural customer. If you are presently an Electric Ireland customer, the price per unit will remain the same excluding any discounts, but there is an additional daily service charge of €0.19.

If you are currently a customer and would like us to check what you are currently being charged, please send us a private message with the following:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    If you are interested in going ahead with installing the Pay As You Go meter, you can contact our colleagues on 1850 305 095 to discuss. They are available Monday to Saturday (8am to 8pm).

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement