Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASTI reject Lansdowne Road Agreement.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    And I'll bet you were none the wiser as to what the school ethos was after the event too.... something something student centered holistic education community something something tradition.

That was exactly it.

Go off into groups . . .Come back with 15 mins to go and we'll write what you discussed onto a clipboard until the end of the meeting.

Absolute joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

ethical wrote: »
    Is it not totally disgraceful the way 'retired' teachers are on the Croke Park gravy train going around doing the after school circuit.Traitors in all senses,no respect shown for their former colleagues!

What do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I see Pat King has come out with the threats and insults ... again? Maybe a few more voting sessions will fix it.

“It is a fact that when members were voting they did not know about or understand what is in FEMPI [the Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest Bill]. We do.”...

Acknowledging a weakness in the union’s stance, he said: “ASTI will be in a totally isolated position, with no support from the rest of the trade union movement and facing a bitter onslaught from the public and the media. This will greatly strengthen the Government’s position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭2011abc

His position is surely untenable at this stage . Ridiculous that members are paying for this - and presumably the send off 'hooley' and gold watch .For any that suggest I'm being negative consider what teachers have endured especially post 2011 entrants ( pensions that cost more than anyone can ever hope to reclaim etc ) All facilitated by this man .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Icsics

I have no confidence in PK, the best we can hope for is that he leaves without doing too much more damage. We have a much stronger SC now, hopefully KC will back them & us.
    PK has no interest in the teachers & there's no fight in him, good riddance

• Advertisement
Advertisement