Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7

Options
  • 14-10-2015 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm trying to find out if Windows 7 is still available and where to get it?

I have a 10 year old Dell laptop running Vista 32 bit which I want to install Adobe Lightroom on but Vista isn't supported by Lightroom, so I'm thinking of upgrading to Windows 7.

The laptop is a Dell XPSM1210, Intel Core2 2.33GHz with 2GB of RAM.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The marketplace on Reddit for about €20

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bob Rooney

I'm curious - can you buy W8.1 for $20 and then upgrade to 10? For example, the following link has win 7 and 8 versions for $15 - 25 but win 10 versions are between $25 - 45.

Hmmm, I can't post links yet so just put reddit-dot-com in front of the following url

/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/comments/3oputn/hwindows_10_7_8_81_office_2016_2013_2010_pc_mac_w/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yes you can buy whatever version you want and upgrade for free. In fact I'd recommend buying a key for 7,8 or 8.1 and upgrading straight away because you'll get a brand new key direct from microsoft whereas with some of the sellers in that place, their keys expire after a period. They'll replace it if it does expire but upgrading saves the hassle.

Advertisement