Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling my House

Options
  • 14-10-2015 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Okay so i've posted on here before but here goes.

I inherited my house a few years ago when my mother passed away a few years ago. It needed a little work so the plan was to put money into the house and sell it or entertain maybe keeping it.

However I've gone through a run of bad fortune lately and am looking to sell the house as it stands. I've put about €15k into the house and it needs another €15k put into it but I just don't have that finance available to me at present.

I'm looking to sell as is, someone could come into and finish the job and put their own spin on it, It's basically a blank canvas as is. Does anyone know of anywhere were I could advertise these kind of distressed properties? I'd prefer not to have to go through an estate agent because i've had bad experiences in the past.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Sun in Capri

Sell it privately without an agent. People advertise these type of properties on the usual property sites, DAFT, My Home etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

I dont think private sellers can advertise on my home? They couldn't when i tried a few years back. But i did advertise on Daft, dont bother with the likes of private sellers etc I got a lot of non sense calls from that advertisement, a lot of calls from people with english accents claiming to be buying a lot of properties in Ireland etc so be very careful when selling on your own

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Blueboggirl

Try sellityourself.ie , for private sales without an estate agent

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

if you just want rid of it quickly you could try allsop, set a reserve price you are comfortable with . I really wouldn't sell it yourself. You sound like you could do without any more hassle. I tend to avoid anyone selling their own property, it's different if you know someone who might be interested in it. A good estate agent is worth it, just try to get recommendations for a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭overshoot

Jen44 wrote: »
    I dont think private sellers can advertise on my home? They couldn't when i tried a few years back. But i did advertise on Daft, dont bother with the likes of private sellers etc I got a lot of non sense calls from that advertisement, a lot of calls from people with english accents claiming to be buying a lot of properties in Ireland etc so be very careful when selling on your own
    from someone who works in an architects office & does pre purchase surveys... they are buying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Estate agents charge 1-1.5 per cent ,of the sale price
    most agents will put it on daft.ie or myhome.ie .
    if you are not a son or daughter, and not living there you may have to pay inheritance tax
    20-30 per cent of sale price.
    You can advertise it on buynsell gumtree.ie ,or classified ads sites.
    If its near dublin .or any city someone will buy it.
    i thing you need an agent to advertise on daft.ie or myhome.ie .
    All the ads i see on those websites are listed from an estate agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

riclad wrote: »
    Estate agents charge 1-1.5 per cent ,of the sale price
    most agents will put it on daft.ie or myhome.ie .
    if you are not a son or daughter, and not living there you may have to pay inheritance tax
    20-30 per cent of sale price.
    You can advertise it on buynsell gumtree.ie ,or classified ads sites.
    If its near dublin .or any city someone will buy it.
    i thing you need an agent to advertise on daft.ie or myhome.ie .
    All the ads i see on those websites are listed from an estate agent.

Good point
    I stand corrected on this but I believe the first 280k is tax free and 30% tax is paid on the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Does anyone know of anywhere were I could advertise these kind of distressed properties?

Why do you need to advertise it as a distressed property? I'd wager that greater than 50% of the properties for sale on Daft/MyHome need €15K+ spent on them. take good photos, describe it accurately and price it appropriately and it will sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

You can advertise it as house for sale,
    needs some renovation.
    do not use the word distressed.
    put up photos of all the rooms, and the garden , yard.
    look on daft.ie see what houses in your area are going for,
    Take 20k off the average price to account for repairs.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/cat/thresholds.html

Advertisement