Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

land registeration! maybe huge problem

Options
  • 14-10-2015 6:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭

Bought a field of a farmer in 2005, got planning, built my home and fast forward a decade, Turns out my solicitor was never fully paid for dealing with my sale. I have came across an old letter from 2006 saying that the deed of the trasnsfer has been truly stamped by the revenue commissioners however we cannot attend the registration of same in the land registry untill our legal fees and outlay in the matter has been discharged.

I know this was very stupid of me for not finishing to pay my solicitor but i honestly truly forgot. Can anyone enlighten me into where i stand, what extra fees i could warrant by not dealing with this at the time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

shugy wrote: »
    Bought a field of a farmer in 2005, got planning, built my home and fast forward a decade, Turns out my solicitor was never fully paid for dealing with my sale. I have came across an old letter from 2006 saying that the deed of the trasnsfer has been truly stamped by the revenue commissioners however we cannot attend the registration of same in the land registry untill our legal fees and outlay in the matter has been discharged.

I know this was very stupid of me for not finishing to pay my solicitor but i honestly truly forgot. Can anyone enlighten me into where i stand, what extra fees i could warrant by not dealing with this at the time!

They only ever sent one request for payment ??? Not even a phone call to say " any chance of that last few bob to square everything up and put it to bed"

I'd imagine get in touch say you forgot about it and they obviously forgot about it also and settle the bill. Your deeds are worth a lot more to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭shugy

They only ever sent one request for payment ??? Not even a phone call to say " any chance of that last few bob to square everything up and put it to bed"

I'd imagine get in touch say you forgot about it and they obviously forgot about it also and settle the bill. Your deeds are worth a lot more to you.

1 letter back in 2006 but the actual solicitor dealing with it has passed away. I know im a fool for not paying it but forgot all about it. ill be paying it in the coming weeks but wanted advise on it first so im not in for a huge shock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Land Registry fees are a lot more now than they were 10 years ago, and I imagine the solicitor holding your documents will charge you plenty for sending them to land registry for you.

Maybe contact the law society to see if they can tell you who took over your solicitors practice.
    Unusual for them not to follow up on payment.

And as long as you can locate the documents, it won't be a huge problem.

And even if you can't, the only problem will be solicitors fees.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Moved from construction forum

Advertisement