Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc in Athy

Options
  • 14-10-2015 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

or virgin media as they are now........

what are the options for cable television in athy....I got a call off virgin today saying its not in athy yet .....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

last year the UPC website said you could get basic TV in Athy no digital or Broadband,
    But looking at the Virgin Media Checker now it says no services are available in Athy

https://www.virginmedia.ie/?CMP=sbr&gclid=CJeFjcbmwsgCFWKJ2wod1BUMEg&gclsrc=aw.ds

Yet there has been a UPC van working in Coneyboro on and off over the last few months, but still no word

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

tom francy wrote: »
    or virgin media as they are now........

what are the options for cable television in athy....I got a call off virgin today saying its not in athy yet .....

They don't sell MMDS anymore, some places can get olde worlde analogue cable, but upc technically don't sell test anymore either.
    To be fair, analogue is terrible value when you consider the channels you get.

I doubt they will ever upgrade the cable system in Athy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,861 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Pablod wrote: »
    Yet there has been a UPC van working in Coneyboro on and off over the last few months, but still no word

Working or the driver living there? I had false hope at a previous house for a while due to a UPC staff member's girlfriend living there - so the van wasn't there permanently but was still there often enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

L1011 wrote: »
    Working or the driver living there? I had false hope at a previous house for a while due to a UPC staff member's girlfriend living there - so the van wasn't there permanently but was still there often enough.

Working, as they were parked right up at the Eircom (or eir) fibre cabinet at the entrance of the estate - there was two vans there at one point.
    But they have been there on and off for months, so wouldn't get my hopes up any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

Why doesn't Athy have fibre broadband yet?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Why doesn't Athy have fibre broadband yet?

It does tho. Eircom installed fibre cabinets all over the town and they are all or nearly all active. 100 down with 20 up with VF reselling Eir's efibre

Advertisement