Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about phone to laptop

Options
  • 14-10-2015 6:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭

I havent the first clue when it comes to computers apart from logging in/out and sending emails. What i want to know though is, i have a phone with a broken screen and need to hook it up to a computer to get all my pictures and msgs,numbers etc.. but what i want to know, when i hook it up to a laptop, does it dump all the information from the phones harddrive onto the laptops.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

What make/model phone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭shugy

degsie wrote: »
    What make/model phone?

motorola motog first gen

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You should be able to just plug it in to the laptop (make sure that it's turned on!) and a new folder will appear under computer such as if a USB Key was inserted. Check the DCIM folder for images.If you synced your numbers with your google account they should be safe, text messages recovery not so straightforward..

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    You should be able to just plug it in to the laptop (make sure that it's turned on!) and a new folder will appear under computer such as if a USB Key was inserted. Check the DCIM folder for images.If you synced your numbers with your google account they should be safe, text messages recovery not so straightforward..

Nick

Dont think its synced to a google account :(

plugged it in, said it was scanning device and was upto 600 odd items so i canceled it. I know i dont have over 600 photos so it must be dumping everything on it. I didnt even know i had over 600 items so im now baffled.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

shugy wrote: »
    plugged it in, said it was scanning device and was upto 600 odd items so i canceled it. I know i dont have over 600 photos so it must be dumping everything on it. I didnt even know i had over 600 items so im now baffled.
    Plug it in and let it scan. Apps and all will write files to the device so that is normal. You will be able to choose what to copy off it.
    Can you view the screen when its on at all?

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Plug it in and let it scan. Apps and all will write files to the device so that is normal. You will be able to choose what to copy off it.
    Can you view the screen when its on at all?

Nick

view the screen as the phones screen on the computer, if so i dont know because i canceled it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Sounds like you should get someone do it for you

Advertisement