Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False Start (was Introducing the New Boards.ie!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Works fine on desktop PC(toggle on/off), Windows 8.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

hmmm..way to much missing useful functionality which makes it unusable compared to current site.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

It's randomly turning itself on and off for me at the moment, desktop Windows 8.1 and chrome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

This site has a unique soul, the Beta has none.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm guessing the reason I have huge wasted space on the right is because I have adblock on?
    Add your reply here.

I'm quoting myself here to see what the quote function is like and as you can probably guess, the "add your reply here" is not what I wrote. Can you do a reddit it on it and the phrase disappears when you click on the box to start writing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Just personal preference, but I'd rather the avatars were not displayed on the forum view.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Stickies seem to be gone in all the fora?
    Charter null and void? :D

Charter is tucked away in the top right corner just underneath where your avatar is. No sign of the stickies though, which would be a problem - they get a lot of traffic and a lot of work has gone into them. I know on the weddings forum the Wedding Band and Wedding Dress stickies are used a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hey folks,

Something's gone awry with the cookie for setting the test on and off, so instead of trying to sort it out now, we're going to remove all the notices and chalk this one up as something of a false start.

If any of you are still on the beta version of the site and want to turn it off, the "Turn Off Beta" link definitely works on the home page only, it doesn't seem to be working within the rest of the site.

We'll come at it fresh tomorrow and get some of these issues sorted before pushing the notices out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

why is everything off to the left? Looks weird.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement