Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Stand

Options
  • 14-10-2015 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Read in the News & Star this week that's it's going to be sold in the next few weeks. Anyone any ideas of what might go in or what they think should go in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

Any chance they could put The Old Stand back in?God I miss that place.. Especially checking out the talent through them big windows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Don’t know what is going in there but I would like to see a big name like Zara, H&M or whoever going in and be another attraction in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I see the Bank pub has big sold sign outside too. Wonder what will go in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

iseegirls wrote: »
    I see the Bank pub has big sold sign outside too. Wonder what will go in here.

It was bought by the Southern and Eastern regional assembly and they are going to use it as their offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

The Stand will be sold in the next 2 weeks according to WLR. More than likely retail or office space will go in there as no bar licence. Like the bank bar building if we could get more office space back into the town it would be great to get more people in the center during the week and fill cafes and generate a buzz etc. Saying that, Dunnes may buy it and knock into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

No new information there from the original article in the local paper

Advertisement