Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle in for repairs

Options
  • 14-10-2015 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

Left the .223 in for repairs in shop I purchased her from last Wednesday.
    Havint got phone call or anything from them yet. How long should I wait till I contact or go to shop to find out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

what is wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

juice1304 wrote: »
    what is wrong with it?

Not ejecting empty casings
    I thought it was just the barnauls so swapped to Remington and then hornadys and done the same wouldn't eject them so I think the bolt is worn down so it's under warranty and in for repairs now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

did you not have major issues with that rifle recently?

did you not have major issues with that rifle recently?

Yeah but with new baby and all havint had time t drop it up so it's there now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

id give them a good week,normally a busy shop would send repairs off in bulk to be repaired if they are not done "in house"

• Advertisement

.243 wrote: »
    id give them a good week,normally a busy shop would send repairs off in bulk to be repaired if they are not done "in house"

They'd be fairly busy on sales but repairs I wouldn't be sure on.
    Don't think they're gunsmiths either

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rifter

They'd be fairly busy on sales but repairs I wouldn't be sure on.
    Don't think they're gunsmiths either

Was it a case of not extracting or not ejecting?

*no pun intended

Rifter wrote: »
    Was it a case of not extracting or not ejecting?

*no pun intended

The bolt just wasn't gripping the casing to pull it out of chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rifter

The bolt just wasn't gripping the casing to pull it out of chamber.

Sounds like dirt under the extractor, unless the rifle has fired a high enough volume of rounds to wear down the extractor itself!

I know you've dropped it in for repair but its possible you'll be paying for a simple cleaning job! *simple as in stripping out the extractor, cleaning it down and re installing it!

Rifter wrote: »
    Sounds like dirt under the extractor, unless the rifle has fired a high enough volume of rounds to wear down the extractor itself!

I know you've dropped it in for repair but its possible you'll be paying for a simple cleaning job! *simple as in stripping out the extractor, cleaning it down and re installing it!

It's still under warranty so I'm covered for whatever is done.
    I went up today and was told they havint looked at it yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Its not a big job it should only take ten minutes to fix however you could be waiting on parts etc... To be honest as it is a new rifle and you have had some trouble with it i would be saying i want my money back or a credit and get something else.
    They could probably do with polishing the chamber too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

It has been giving you grief since day one , the shop owner knows well about it because he was posting on here making excuses for it , id be looking for a new one , money back if possible and take your custom elsewhere.Noting worse than a gun giving you grief in the field ,especially in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

range river mountain?

garv123 wrote: »
    range river mountain?

Yeah still havint heard anything from them yet.

Really poor form

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

your not having much luck. is this the gun u paid a lot over the RRP for?

Never heard anything good about that fella from tallagh rod and gun.

My dealings with him werent good either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Plus one for that!

No not having much luck at all. Anyone aware of what I'm entitled to here?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Zenner

You have the same rights as anyone under the sales of goods act. If its under warranty you must return to retailer for repair first. if can't be fixed you are entitled to a full refund or another one. There would be a certain point of time expected to allow the retailer to have it fixed that's the question you need to look more into.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

No not having much luck at all. Anyone aware of what I'm entitled to here?

Repair

If you start using the item for some time then it is deemed that you have accepted the item. But if you discover a fault then you are entitled to have the item repaired or replaced free of charge – provided you did not cause the damage. If the fault occurs within the first 6 months of owning the item, it is accepted that the fault was there when you bought it. In general, the seller can offer to repair the item first. This should be a permanent repair and the problem should not reoccur. If the same fault occurs again, then you should be entitled to a replacement or refund. If you are not happy with the retailer’s offer to repair the item, you can say no - but if you do this, you may have to use the Small Claims process if you want to take the matter further.

Remember, the retailer may charge you for the repair if you have been responsible for the damage to the product.

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods?gclid=Cj0KEQjwkqKxBRCIrK_riNm13Z8BEiQAdzdVkEAEGQGgtMFCp35v54fi0WCkypPO_atNFvDoyFxC82MaAsPh8P8HAQ#1

• Advertisement

The problem on this appeared after a month of using it. I put it down to cheap bullets but then paying for proper bullets the problem started to get worse and the barrel started to become loose. Reported this problem to them several times. I've been up there an have contacted the owner of the shop several times aswell about it.

Still no word from anyone about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

You're in Tallaght, the shop is in Tallagbt. Call in and stop fannying around with texts and phone calls. Harder to fob you off when you're face to face. Ask them when they will have it sorted and if they don't give you a date give them a deadline to have it fixed or you want recompense or refund

Was only up the other day and there was no one in who deals with guns.
    That was the only day I've been free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Tell them you are a prominent poster on boards and have posts going back over months on your progress with the rifle. The posts detail all the issues you've had and the dates.

They'll sh1t their pants, with the thoughts of loss of business.

Tell them you are a prominent poster on boards and have posts going back over months on your progress with the rifle. The posts detail all the issues you've had and the dates.

They'll sh1t their pants, with the thoughts of loss of business.
    Highly doubt the owner cares sure he posted on one of the threads himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I don't know about the shop or anybody involved but seeing as the shooting community in Ireland is so small, I'm amazed that they're risking bad publicity by not sorting you out quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

I gave them the benefit of the doubt at the start but I've been in the shop four times now and each time to no matter what I ask I'm told the guy who deals with that isn't here, they've taken my number and I never hear back from them.
    It's a nice shop, good location, prices are on far side of high and it has the worst staff I've dealt with in a gun shop and that's saying a lot considering some that are out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

guys you are being led a merry dance by the guys in the shop. go in ask who is in charge in the shop right now, not who's in charge but not here, tell them what you want and tell him to sort it now, and your not leaving until he has it resolved to your satisfaction as they have fecked you about for long enough, and by the way try and go in when there are shoppers in the shop make sure your heard, by the person in charge and the other shoppers.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the advice lads. Right now I don't want the gun back fixed or not. I just want my refund. There's plenty of cheap better guns out there and some nice ones on this site for sale that'll leave me a lot more satisfied . Il be going up first thing morning and won't be leaving withou my refund. Shocking treatment of a regular customer and I know plenty of people who il be passing on this treatment to.

Advertisement