Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle in for repairs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Thanks for all the advice lads. Right now I don't want the gun back fixed or not. I just want my refund. There's plenty of cheap better guns out there and some nice ones on this site for sale that'll leave me a lot more satisfied . Il be going up first thing morning and won't be leaving withou my refund. Shocking treatment of a regular customer and I know plenty of people who il be passing on this treatment to.

Having had a similar experience, don't expect a refund to come easy, regardless of how right or wrong they are. You may just get your rifle repaired and returned. More than likely, that's all you will get. They might be more reasonable than the rfd I dealt with though.

Prominent poster or not, people can be belligerent and boards or a threat of it, is not going to get you a guaranteed result.

I ended up in the district court to get my situation resolved and I won but it was a long drawn out fiasco. It was also expensive and stressful.

Best of luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

No need for district court, this can be handled in small claims court for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

aaakev wrote: »
    No need for district court, this can be handled in small claims court for €25

It can if the rfd doesn't force the situation to a point where legal costs get higher and the legal scale brings you into the district court bracket. As I said, I've recently been there unfortunately. The situation can escalate quite quickly.

So yes, there is need for district court if the situation is forced in that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Unfortunately the gf had to take the car today so I couldn't get up today but il be going up tomoro morning. I did however contact the owner through a text as his phone was engaged when I tried to ring him. So he knows that il be going up tomoro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

Best of luck

A fab shop with plenty of modern stock - I've had similar experiences with the staff, on a much smaller scale...buying fishing gear and some bullets & cartridges.

Enquiring about cartridges and prices is a boring exercise when the staff are ill informed and unwilling to assist or engage in conversation.

They seem to have no interest whatsoever......apathy written all over their faces......I've never met staff who appear so bored with their job. A real pity as the shop has such great potential and a good shooting & fishing shop is badly needed in the capital.

Even the website is taking months to update......a reflection and indication of the shop and attitude

http://www.rrm.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

You hit the nail on the head there.
    J.R. wrote: »
    Best of luck

A fab shop with plenty of modern stock - I've had similar experiences with the staff, on a much smaller scale...buying fishing gear and some bullets & cartridges.

Enquiring about cartridges and prices is a boring exercise when the staff are ill informed and unwilling to assist or engage in conversation.

They seem to have no interest whatsoever......apathy written all over their faces......I've never met staff who appear so bored with their job. A real pity as the shop has such great potential and a good shooting & fishing shop is badly needed in the capital.

Even the website is taking months to update......a reflection and indication of the shop and attitude

http://www.rrm.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Unfortunately the gf had to take the car today so I couldn't get up today but il be going up tomoro morning. I did however contact the owner through a text as his phone was engaged when I tried to ring him. So he knows that il be going up tomoro.

He's probably after reading it on boards.

FFs lads. a death of a friend puts me back. Clearly havint been on the site for a while and I come back to grief.
    Gun has been sorted and il be collecting it during the week. Problem was in the bolt but god forbid I come back to let yas know how I got on.
    Pity that boards has been going great but you lads go and fcuk it up yet again. Great bunch ain't yas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

Sorry to hear about the death of you friend (R.I.P.) - not easy trying to carry on with everyday life when something like that enters the equation.

I don't think that the lads slagging match was meant to be hurtful - it's obvious that they weren't aware of your personnel circumstances at the time of posting. I'd imagine it was just a bit of banter with no intention of upsetting you.

I'm glad your rifle is sorted ......I'd imagine you need a bit of a lift with the way things are for you, with the loss of your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

FFs lads. a death of a friend puts me back. Clearly havint been on the site for a while and I come back to grief.
    Gun has been sorted and il be collecting it during the week. Problem was in the bolt but god forbid I come back to let yas know how I got on.
    Pity that boards has been going great but you lads go and fcuk it up yet again. Great bunch ain't yas
    But you have been posting in other sections of boards?? It was only banter from the lads anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

What did they say was wrong with the rifle?
    What caused the problem is it model specific or just a single issue?

What did they say was wrong with the rifle?
    What caused the problem is it model specific or just a single issue?

Problem was in the bolt.
    The ejector on the bolt was the problem and the spring behind it was missing a tiny piece of it thus leading to the bolt not gripping onto the spent bullet and that's what it was. It been sorted and il be back plugging foxes this week with it.
    Thank god.

Update.
    I was contacted yesterday about it and the bolt is being sent back to the shop and a brand new bolt is being sent back to shop for me. Idk why original wasn't sorted but I'm happy that progress is being made and the lad I spoke to was very helpful and is gonna give me gun back one way or another this Saturday along with some boxes of ammo.
    Can't say anything bad about them now as he's being very helpful letting me know each day of the progress of the gun.
    After the loss of my mate this is just what I need so I'm happy .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Glad to hear its working out ya now but its too little to late for their reputation I'm mine and id say many others eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

Update.
    I was contacted yesterday about it and the bolt is being sent back to the shop and a brand new bolt is being sent back to shop for me. Idk why original wasn't sorted but I'm happy that progress is being made and the lad I spoke to was very helpful and is gonna give me gun back one way or another this Saturday along with some boxes of ammo.
    Can't say anything bad about them now as he's being very helpful letting me know each day of the progress of the gun.
    After the loss of my mate this is just what I need so I'm happy .

dodderangler I hate to be a pain here but I thought you couldn't just stick a replacement bolt in a gun without re headspacing.maybe someone with abit more knowledge here might give their opinion or it might be worth giving a buzz to one of the gunsmiths for their opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

gearoidol wrote: »
    dodderangler I hate to be a pain here but I thought you couldn't just stick a replacement bolt in a gun without re headspacing.maybe someone with abit more knowledge here might give their opinion or it might be worth giving a buzz to one of the gunsmiths for their opinion.

I was of the same belief, hopefully store owners are aware of this and have organised someone competent to look it over once the new bolt arrives.

Advertisement