Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House share, difficult to find rooms

Options
  • 14-10-2015 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

Could anyone PLEASE offer some tips/advice for finding accommodation in Galway. The house hunter, 27 year old male professional (not me) has alerts set up on all the usual sites, checking out House Hunting for sound people on FB, checking the Galway Advertiser.....
    He is looking for a house share on the East side of the city. He has gone to view several houses along with scores of other people. 2 of them put the names in a hat because there were so many viewers interested !!
    He's not overly fussy, just looking for somewhere clean with sound people.
    Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The places you've mentioned are the places to look; GA, FB and daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

Huge demand for rooms at the moment. Advertised one recently and had 42 enquiries in the space of a few days.

I can't advise anything other than to keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

It's insane, this is his 4th week in B&B ! He thought he'd be well sorted by now. Demand is incredible, some of the Daft alerts are gone before the email arrives. He saw one house last week where they ended up putting 30 names in a hat !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It's absolutely insane, usually by now the student demand will have dropped, I heard that there's nearly 1000 students still without somewhere to live.

jos28 wrote: »
    they ended up putting 30 names in a hat !

I doubt this actually happened. People will let a few people view the room and then choose the person they think will fit best no way they will just randomly pick someone.

If he drives he should consider looking in the suburbs maybe rather than city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

I dont this actually happened. People will let a few people view the room and then choose the person they think will fit best no way they will just randomly pick someone.

If he drives he should consider looking in the suburbs maybe rather than city centre.

Or on a bus route or thats cycleable without too much traffic . oranmore isnt too bad for a commute in to town

Advertisement