Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can my electricity be cut off in the middle of a switch?

Options
  • 14-10-2015 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I moved into an apartment in a apartment block recently and decided to go with Airtricity not knowing who the supplier was currently.

There was an issue with the signup and I recently just signed up again last thursday. The letting agent said not to worry about being cut off as bill is back with landlord anyway and I can sort it with him when i get myself sorted. Today I received a letter from Electric ireland telling me I'm going to be disconnected in 7 days if I don't contact ye.

Airtricity are saying the switch can take up to 3 weeks but your threatening to cut me off in 7 days..

What happens here? I'm confused.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Elaine897,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    Elaine897 wrote:
    The letting agent said not to worry about being cut off as bill is back with landlord anyway and I can sort it with him when i get myself sorted. Today I received a letter from Electric ireland telling me I'm going to be disconnected in 7 days if I don't contact ye.

Going on what you've said, the above letter most likely issued before the landlord re-registered. These letters are sent out automatically in cases where there is currently no active registration at a property.

It is most likely fine, but just to be sure, if you send us details of the property by PM (full address, MPRN etc) we will be happy to look into this further.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement