Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aggressive moderating on the airsoft adverts forum

Options
  • 15-10-2015 7:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭

Dear Boards.ie,

I wish to report an episode of aggressive, bullying behaviour by one of the mods on the Airsoft adverts forum. I was "warned" about trying to deal off thread. However all I was offering to do was to email some photos of my air soft rifle to an interested party. No deals were being made at the time. I explained this to the mod and also that an earlier poster had done something similar without sanction but this led to several very aggressive, insulting and comments defaming me via private messages, eg
    1. I was accused of "making false allegations about another poster" when all I did was point out that another poster had suggested going to pms without any mod coming down on him.

2. I was accused of "childish behaviour" when all I did was point out that the mod was incorrect in his false allegations against me.

3. The tone and typeface of the mods private messages were very aggressive with the messages sent in bold, which is commonly accepted as being aggressive in nature.

The mod in question ican be ascertained by looking at my MPs but to be fair to him, his manner is common amongst all those who moderate the air soft forum. I have had experience of actually meeting one of the air soft mods in person where he works in an air soft shop and when we talked about Boards, he told me and I quote"if I get up in bad mood, I ban someone to cheer myself up". This smacks of an air of bullies who feel they can act without any fear of repercussions on this forum.

I request that this matter be investigated as I have been on the receiving end of an aggressive series of pms from one of your mods, even after I simply pointed out that he was not being even handed and after I had accepted his initial ruling. He has defamed me under the 2009 Defamation Act with his false allegations and insulting behaviour.

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This forum is only for disputing cards or bans - Are you disputing a card or ban?

The Help Desk forum deals with complaints about moderators

If you have a problem concerning PMs received, report the relevant PM(s) and an Admin will look at your complaint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

I was "warned" after I'd already accepted a Mods ruling, and then he got nasty via pms. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As you are accepting the yellow card there is nothing more to say in this forum. You can either start a new thread in the Help Desk or ask a local mod (probably best by using the "report post" function) for this one to be moved there

Mate, I don't want to labour the issue but I'm a bit confused here. A mod went way overboard last night, taking his vitriol to pms even after I accepted his ruling on the thread in question. He made false accusations against me, started name calling (pretty damn childish) and was very aggressive. I debated letting it go but I operate under the principal that bullies have to be tackled. If this forum isn't the right one, please point me in the right direction.

Btw, there's no point in taking this up with another air soft mod as they're a tight little clique and far from objective. Not just my opinion mind.

Domane wrote: »
    If this forum isn't the right one, please point me in the right direction.
    Please see my earlier post:
    Beasty wrote: »
    The Help Desk forum deals with complaints about moderators

If you have a problem concerning PMs received, report the relevant PM(s) and an Admin will look at your complaint
    The Help Desk Forum will not deal with any problems you have with PMs. You can report the PM and an Admin will look at that (PMs cannot be posted outside of a formal dispute into a card or ban and Category Moderators cannot access them even when reported)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice mate. Will follow it up as you advise. Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement