Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas TV Thread 2015

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Did anyone else just spend this Christmas period watching Star Wars? I did. The best ones and I still have not watched the new one yet.:eek: Wanted to get some backstory rehash before going to the next one. Anyone else watch the trilogy this year or were you simple off to the cinema to see the new one. Now no spoilers:mad: I have not seen this new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Irish Christmas TV was atrocious this year and seems to be the same every year. The best of it was the expected over-reliance on Mrs Brown's Boys in new and old forms. The new years eve show on RTE1 was very poor. Ruby Walsh was obviously unavailable so his sister is on, and then there's some poor singer songwriter. As for the Fatboy Slim part lasting 30 seconds, I couldn't figure it out and why they even bothered.

If this wasn't bad enough, all the usual overdoses of bad Irish country music and the return of The Voice of Ireland come along to make matters even worse. Affore mentioned Ruby Walsh appears in a quiz and Tommy Tiernan had his own show (didn't see it) most likely interviewing the same old people.

Rebellion is on tonight and over a Christmas where TV was as bad as the weather, will this be a redemption or will it be another poor effort? We will find out. With how poor TV is gone, no wonder I find myself watching more and more DVDs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So what did everyone end up watching over the Christmas, binge on anything good? I mainly watched DVR'd shows, Netflix and DVDs.

I binged on Netflix's "Making a Murderer" got through all 10 episodes in about 2 days.

Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I read a bit about Making a Murderer and I can't bring myself to watch it. Real life things like that tend to upset me an awful lot.

I can't even think of anything in particular that we watched over Christmas. TV was really dreadful this year. We played a lot of games instead! I did watch a lot of Christmas food programmes on Good Food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I thought tv was so bad this year. The only saving grace here for me was that there was a lot of special spins offs from family films ( kung fu panda christmas special , Madagascar penguins christmas special etc ). But even at that they were only half an hour long so I recorded them for the kids to watch later on.

We're big dvd people in this house so thankfully we never have nothing to watch but for a family at home maybe finishing up dinner and playing board games or chilling in front of the fire there was a very poor selection.

I'm happy to say another year gone another year I've managed to get away with not seeing star wars ( which is no easy task in this house ! They are all star wars nuts !) ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    I binged on Netflix's "Making a Murderer" got through all 10 episodes in about 2 days.
    I can't wait to watch that- I have heard great things!!

The final episode of Downton Abbey was the TV highlight for me. It was so cheesy and schmaltzy and Christmassy, it was perfect! :)

Advertisement