Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Payments, Clearing Time?

Options
  • 15-10-2015 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi There!

If i put money on my credit card next Friday (it's the day i get paid) - what are the chances of me being able to use it by Saturday evening? As in, will the payment clear in time for use about 24 hours later?

Is there any way i could expedite the payment process?

The reason i ask is, i will be traveling to the US, and want to use my MasterCard as the primary purchase method while over there.

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi RobertHopkins, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

In this circumstance, you have two options available, either an online transfer from a Bank of Ireland account or a cash lodgement at one of our LATM's. 

When you make a transfer from your BOI current account to your BOI Credit Card, it will only take one full working day to be received onto the account. Just to mention, transfer times do apply, so to ensure that the funds are available to you on Saturday, the transfer would need to be made before 3.30pm (ROI) or 4.30pm (UK). You can find more detailed information on our cut off times here

Alternatively, you can make a cash lodgement in one of our LATMs during business hours and this credit is received within minutes. 

Just on a side note, we would always advise that a customer notify us of their travel plans. You can do this easily via the Online Service Desk by choosing the option for 'Credit Card Travel Notification'. Alternatively, if you're not registered for 365Online just call our customer service team on 0818 251 251. 

We hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip and if you need any help abroad, our Twitter team at talktoBOI are available 24/7. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Hi RobertHopkins, 

In this circumstance, you have two options available, either an online transfer from a Bank of Ireland account or a cash lodgement at one of our LATM's. 

When you make a transfer from your BOI current account to your BOI Credit Card, it will only take one full working day to be received onto the account. Just to mention, transfer times do apply, so to ensure that the funds are available to you on Saturday, the transfer would need to be made before 3.30pm (ROI) or 4.30pm (UK). You can find more detailed information on our cut off times here

Alternatively, you can make a cash lodgement in one of our LATMs during business hours and this credit is received within minutes. 

Just on a side note, we would always advise that a customer notify us of their travel plans. You can do this easily via the Online Service Desk by choosing the option for 'Credit Card Travel Notification'. Alternatively, if you're not registered for 365Online just call our customer service team on 0818 251 251. 

We hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip and if you need any help abroad, our Twitter team at talktoBOI are available 24/7. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Hi Elaine

many thanks for getting back to me! 

that's great, and understood. Though, in the past, when i pay my Credit Card balance online it usually takes about 3 business days i have noticed. 

I think the safest bet in this case, is an in-branch cash lodgement. So i just lodge via one of the LATM and my balance on the credit card is updated immediately? I just need to be sure, as i will really need the money by Saturday :) -- normally, it takes a few days for the credit card balance to be updated..

thanks again!

Robert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi RobertHopkins, 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Hi Elaine

that's great, and understood. Though, in the past, when i pay my Credit Card balance online it usually takes about 3 business days i have noticed. 

I think the safest bet in this case, is an in-branch cash lodgement. So i just lodge via one of the LATM and my balance on the credit card is updated immediately? I just need to be sure, as i will really need the money by Saturday :) -- normally, it takes a few days for the credit card balance to be updated..

thanks again!

Robert
    Hi Robert, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes that's correct, when you lodge cash to your Credit Card at an LATM this will update on the card immediately. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi RobertHopkins, 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Hi Elaine

thanks again!

Robert
    Hi Robert, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes that's correct, when you lodge cash to your Credit Card at an LATM this will update on the card immediately. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks Sarah :)

I transferred some money via LATM this morning, and it has not updated (5 hours ago) :( -- just checking, as this will matter a lot on my decision Friday morning.

Do i need to place a travel notice on my current account? - don't see that option online

thanks!

Rob

Hi Rob, 

When you lodge cash at an LATM it should update straight away. While is may not show as a credit on your online account for a few days, it should certainly be reflected in your available credit. You can check this online yourself or for further confirmation just call our customer service team on 0818 251 251. 

To place travel notification on 365Online just pop into the Online Service Desk and you will see an option for 'Credit Card Travel Notification' in the drop down box. Your travel plans will then updated within 24 hours. 

If we can help with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again. Just to mention, our Twitter team @talktoboi are also available 24/7 should you need any assistance while abroad. 

Thanks and enjoy your trip. 

Elaine 

• Advertisement

Hi Rob, 

When you lodge cash at an LATM it should update straight away. While is may not show as a credit on your online account for a few days, it should certainly be reflected in your available credit. You can check this online yourself or for further confirmation just call our customer service team on 0818 251 251. 

To place travel notification on 365Online just pop into the Online Service Desk and you will see an option for 'Credit Card Travel Notification' in the drop down box. Your travel plans will then updated within 24 hours. 

If we can help with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again. Just to mention, our Twitter team @talktoboi are also available 24/7 should you need any assistance while abroad. 

Thanks and enjoy your trip. 

Elaine 
    Hi Elaine

thanks for getting back to me

i used an LATM this morning around 11am to my credit card account, and my available balance still has not reflected this change :(

I realize what you mean about the payment not being reflected as credit, but i do not see it at all anywhere even on available balance :(

thanks

Robert 

Thanks Robert, 

This is very unusual. Can I ask you to call our customer service representatives on 0818 251 251 as they will have full access to your account and should be able to clarify exactly what has happened and help work to resolve this. 

Their lines are open till 8pm this evening and reopen again at 8am tomorrow morning. 

I sincerely hope this is resolved for you as soon as possible as I understand the urgency of your situation. 

Elaine 

Thanks Robert, 

This is very unusual. Can I ask you to call our customer service representatives on 0818 251 251 as they will have full access to your account and should be able to clarify exactly what has happened and help work to resolve this. 

Their lines are open till 8pm this evening and reopen again at 8am tomorrow morning. 

I sincerely hope this is resolved for you as soon as possible as I understand the urgency of your situation. 

Elaine 
    Hi Elaine

thanks :) -- while it did not update at all yesterday, it was available first thing this morning, so i guess that will be ok, seen as it's the next day that i need it.

thanks for all your help! :)

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Thanks Robert, 

Elaine 
    Hi Elaine

thanks :) -- while it did not update at all yesterday, it was available first thing this morning, so i guess that will be ok, seen as it's the next day that i need it.

thanks for all your help! :)

Rob
    Glad to hear this Rob, we're here to help as always if you have any other query. :)

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement