Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire safety certificate

Options
  • 15-10-2015 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

folks,
    i am interested in buying an apartment, and was advised to check the fire safety cert of the apartment prior to making an offer, where can i get this, and can it be gotten online? the place is up for auction next week

thanks a million folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

They are normally issued by Building standards/control by the council so may try ringing them or give the auction house a bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

Squatman wrote: »
    folks,
    i am interested in buying an apartment, and was advised to check the fire safety cert of the apartment prior to making an offer, where can i get this, and can it be gotten online? the place is up for auction next week

thanks a million folks

fire brigade or the council are the place to look i think

but bear in mind it means nothing but that the design of the building is in line with fire safety regulations, not that the construction of the building was

if i was buying an apartment that was built recently i'd be getting a very complete survey

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

In Dublin, they are stored with Fire Prevention in Townsend Street.
    I'm not sure if you can call in to view them like you would with a Planning Application though.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,720 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd check that the apartments were not built or designed by any companies involved in the 2 major apartment blocks that had "issues".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Squatman

HI folks, thanks for the feedback, the apt is in mayo so i think im safe from those developers. Thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Squatman wrote: »
    HI folks, thanks for the feedback, the apt is in mayo so i think im safe from those developers. Thanks a million

Don't count your chickens!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

An apartment block in Meath has fire safety issues. Be very careful. Particularly if buying at auction.

Advertisement