Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation policy

Options
  • 15-10-2015 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

Hi

My contract with e-mobile (eirmobile) is due to finish on the 9th of December. I have just gotten off the phone to your customer service department where I have been told that I must give my 30days notice of cancellation after this date before my account can be cancelled.

Surely this isn't correct? I should be able to give my notice of cancellation 30 days before the end of the contract to allow it to end on the specified contract end date. I signed a contract for a set period of time and I would have thought I could cancel it on the date specified as long as I give the correct amount of notice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

cloneslad wrote: »
    Hi

My contract with e-mobile (eirmobile) is due to finish on the 9th of December. I have just gotten off the phone to your customer service department where I have been told that I must give my 30days notice of cancellation after this date before my account can be cancelled.

Surely this isn't correct? I should be able to give my notice of cancellation 30 days before the end of the contract to allow it to end on the specified contract end date. I signed a contract for a set period of time and I would have thought I could cancel it on the date specified as long as I give the correct amount of notice.
    Hi cloneslad

I can confirm that you can give notice up to 30 days before the date of when your are out of contract. That would be no problem at all. Apologies for the wrong information previously advised cloneslad.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Hi

I would also recommend emailing them for confirmation (written proof), and cancelling your direct debit when the contract expires.
    Have heard a lot of people getting stung.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi

Hi cloneslad

I can confirm that you can give notice up to 30 days before the date of when your are out of contract. That would be no problem at all. Apologies for the wrong information previously advised cloneslad.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan

Thank you very much for coming back to me on this.

I'll give them a call to confirm everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi

Hi cloneslad

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan

Thank you very much for coming back to me on this.

I'll give them a call to confirm everything.

No problem at all cloneslad

Happy to help

Al

Advertisement