If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Bar connection to SKY HD Box and Blu Ray player

Options
  • 15-10-2015 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with he following:

I am thinking about buying a new soundbar the Sony HT-CT60 or CT80. I was wondering how do I connect the blu ray player and the SKY HD Box to the soundbar. My TV ( 9 year old Panasonic Plasma) does not have a digital Audio out jack so I assume I can connect the soundbar to the Sky Box but how do I then connect the blu ray player.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

johnr71 wrote: »

I am thinking about buying a new soundbar the Sony HT-CT60 or CT80. I was wondering how do I connect the blu ray player and the SKY HD Box to the soundbar. My TV ( 9 year old Panasonic Plasma) does not have a digital Audio out jack so I assume I can connect the soundbar to the Sky Box but how do I then connect the blu ray player.

Thanks
    Hi Johnr71.

There are a few options you could do to get both running on the one bar. 

You could get a soundbar with 2 optical connections (Provided your Bluray player has one) Although most in and around the price range of the HTCT80 only have one optical input.

If your TV has audio outs (Red and White) or a head phone output you could connect into the stereo audio connections on most soundbars and run the audio this way. 

Another option would be to get an optical switcher box. We can get one that is made by CYP which is a 2 way switcher. Priced at around 59.99 Euro.
    http://www.cypeurope.com/store/store/app/product/AU-D21/2-Way-Digital-Audio-Switcher

You could also also maybe go for a soundbar that has HDMI connections and run your sources this way.

The Sony CT80 has 1 audio input and 1 optical. Currently priced at 159.00
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201317-sony-htct80.aspx

I don't see the 60 listed so it must be one that we do not stock.

If you wanted to stick with Sony and go HDMI you could look at the HTCT380 priced at 369.99 Euro (Has 3 HDMI in's and 1 out).
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201363-htct380.aspx

I hope this helps a little.

There are many other options if you don't mind going away from Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johnr71

Thanks
    Thanks for your reply.

Do you get the same sound quality by using the (Red & White) RCA cable as the digital audio cable ?
    Can you use the sky remote to change the volume on the soundbar, my blu ray player does have a digital audio jack

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks
    Thanks for your reply.

Do you get the same sound quality by using the (Red & White) RCA cable as the digital audio cable ?
    Can you use the sky remote to change the volume on the soundbar, my blu ray player does have a digital audio jack
    Hi Johnr71.

You get better sound from the digital optical as the Red and whites phonos are a only stereo signal.

You would have to use the remote supplied with the soundbar and would not able to use the sky one unfortunately.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.