Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglary Kells

Options
  • 15-10-2015 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Relatives burglarised in Kells this week; nothing taken but they are shock up.

Has there been an increase in burglaries recently in Kells?

Garda said it was more than likely a Dublin gang but I have my doubts, in my opinion more likely locals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Crime on the rise im afraid, The cops seem to be using the line (at neighbourhood watch meetings) "these gangs are using the new roads for easy getaways"....in other words they haven't a scooby do,

Best thing for you to do is make sure your relatives have an alarm (doesn't have to be monitored as the cops wont come out for it in time or you wouldn't make it home until they are gone), deadbolt on main doors & chain, a fake cctv camera (lidl or aldi sell them ever now and again), and sign them up to the neighbour hood text watch

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

Those lads love scouting the area and checking for alarms so neighbourhood watch is actually a great thing, if you live in an estate with either older people or SAHMs who can spot anyone checking the area.
    We have the phonewatch and always have the alarm on during the night and also during the day whenever we leave the house. Even though you'll never be 100%, it's a bit of security.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Noisy dog, bigger the better.

Advertisement