Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice requested....

Options
  • 15-10-2015 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello, just looking for some advice on this proposed build.

- Intel Core i5 4690k, 3.5 Ghz....................................................£176
    - ASUSTEK computer Z97 pro S1150 ATX.....................................£109
    - Corsair Vengeance pro series, 16GB (2x8), 2133 Mhz....................£ 97
    - MSI NVIDIA GTX 960 graphics card, 2GB....................................£158
    - Seasonic M12-11 EVO 620W modular PSU...................................£ 74
    - Raijintek Themis Direct Contact CPU Cooler, 120mm fan................£ 20
    - Corsair CC-9011052 Carbide Series spec 03, mid tower ATX case....£ 48
    - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5 inch SSD......................................£115
    - Samsung SH-224FB, 24X DVD writer..........................................£ 14

TOTAL:..........£811 (€1093)

Just wondering how it all might fit together, any problems that anyone can see, anything that I should change? I will be buying parts from amazon uk, thats just the way it is. I intent to use mainly for gaming and would like the chance to have upgrade/overclock potential. Should I change to a gtx970 and what affect would this have on the build? I will consider dual monitors in the future but cant see why I'd want to run them higher than 1080....maybe 1440?

Happy and grateful for all advice, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 blind mans bluff

..........forgot the q&a

1. What is your budget?.........................................€1100-1200

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?.......Gaming, modding, video

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?..........................Probably, but dont worry about that

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?..........No

5. Do you need a monitor?........................................Yes, but again dont worry about this

6. Do you need any peripherals?.................................No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?..........................Yes

8. How can you pay?...............................................I will be buying through Amazon

9. When are you purchasing?.....................................This week/month, as soon as

10.If you need help building it, where are you based?........I plan to build myself

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

I have never heard of Raijintek so no idea how good that cooler is.

No need for 16gb of ram for gaming purposes.

The 970 would be faster and more powerful. Would allow higher fps at higher settings. Whether you should or not is a case of if you want to spend the extra or really want the extra performance.

Personally I'd lower the ssd to 250gb or even 120 and put in a mechanical at least 1tb for mass storage but thats down to budget and if you only need to have the 500gb as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd drop the CPU to a 4460 and get a 970, drop the cooler too and there shouldn't be a huge change to the budget.

You'll get much better performance that way

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

I'd drop the CPU to a 4460 and get a 970, drop the cooler too and there shouldn't be a huge change to the budget.

You'll get much better performance that way

Doing that he may drop the board as well. Save a fair bit on the board that way.

Advertisement