Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Iphone 6s plus will it work in Turkey?

• 15-10-2015 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi Guys.
    I have a friend in Turkey that wants a new Iphone!

I am just wondering if an iphone 6s plus 64GB purchased on the Irish store will work in Turkey(LTE and 4g and all that stuff). At the moment it is listed on the Irish store at 979(is this the final price I pay is the tax included, what is the actual amount coming out of my bank account).

On the Turkish apple store it is listed as 3899 lira.
    If i do the conversions I get the following:

Price
    Ireland
    979euro or 3223 lira

Turkey
    3899 or 1183.5 euro

Which give savings of 676 lira or 205 euro if bought in Ireland.

What have I missed? What else do i need to consider? Am I really making a saving? What is the best way forward.

Thank for any help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

It'll work anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I bought a 6 here for my nephew in Bulgaria last year because of the cost savings of about €150. No issues with it. Mad to think it's that much cheaper here than in poorer countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭King_Joffery

jakdublin wrote: »
    I bought a 6 here for my nephew in Bulgaria last year because of the cost savings of about €150. No issues with it. Mad to think it's that much cheaper here than in poorer countries.

Thanks for the info! could I ask you how your nephew received the phone? did you post it to him? also did he send cash to purchase the phone via a bank transfer or something?

Thanks
    Again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Thanks for the info! could I ask you how your nephew received the phone? did you post it to him? also did he send cash to purchase the phone via a bank transfer or something?

Thanks
    Again!

Seriously , why do you need to know this?

I don't get why people think that phones won't work in other countries.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The different models of LTE band support is really only an issue if purchasing from the US. The 6s will work everywhere, but some US-sold models support an additional band used AT&T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Thanks
    Again!

It was simpler than that, but mightn't work for you. I brought the phone over personally (I was going anyway) but he paid me beforehand through bank transfer. Wouldn't even trust my family with that amount of cash :D

Advertisement