Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ag Science in less than one year

• 15-10-2015 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Is this doable?Want to do Business and need more point>?Any tips very much appreciated. I do biology and Homec if this helps not really from a farming background though

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Whether you have a teacher to supervise, sign off on and grade your project work is a bigger issue than getting the material covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rvpalldway

Cheers for the reply...well I have my brothers project which he got an A2 with....and the ag science teacher im my school is sound

rvpalldway wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply...well I have my brothers project which he got an A2 with....and the ag science teacher im my school is sound

Does that mean you are planning to hand in your brother's project? Ag teacher might be sound, but signing off on a student they don't teach might be a different story.

Yes ..I suppose ....he is kinda a distant relative and he knows me quite well (have him for sphe lol). I dont have a great knowledge of ag science. Would it be possible to do the course and project before June

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Possible or not, if you want to take the exam this year that's what you have to do - not hand up someone else's work.

• Advertisement

Well I heard the project was the same every year and if it gets me 80 to 100 points ill take it ...I know its completely selfish and cowardly.... I would also be ok if she(my teacher) did not want to sign off on it as i Know its illegal

Well I heard the project was the same every year and if it gets me 80 to 100 points ill take it ...I know its completely selfish and cowardly

It's not cowardly, it's cheating. I wouldn't accept a project from any of my students if I knew it belonged to their brother/sister/someone else. I'd hand it straight back and tell them they would be getting zero unless they did their own work.

You're working off the basis that this teacher will accept it as your work and also that they'll give you the same mark. You are supposed to show understanding of the course, not just churn out a load of paperwork.

Well I heard the project was the same every year and if it gets me 80 to 100 points ill take it ...I know its completely selfish and cowardly.... I would also be ok if she(my teacher) did not want to sign off on it as i Know its illegal

Well if your teacher quite rightly refuses to sign off on it, then you have no grade. Do your own project. You will learn far more from it that will stand to you in the written exam.

Would I have time to do it...My teacher only started it a few weeks agio

Would I have time to do it...My teacher only started it a few weeks agio

That's entirely up to you and whether or not you are willing to put in the work. Midterm is coming, you could get a lot of work done then.

• Advertisement

Ya good point thanks

Advertisement