Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiring a private chef to cook my meals

Options
  • 15-10-2015 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I'm looking to hire a private chef to cook all of my meals to help me through a very busy month or two in work.

Has anyone heard of a service like this in Dublin?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've never heard of someone physically coming to your house to cook your meals on a short-term basis like that, but there are plenty of meal delivery services out there that will make all your lunches & dinners for a week and deliver them to your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What exactly is it that you are looking for? Someone to come to you house each evening when you finish work to cook your meals? Someone to prepare meals in bulk so that you can reheat them each day? Other...?

I've been in similar situations working 12-14 hours a day - 6-7 days a week for lengthy periods. I usually batched cooked & reheated on the go. I supplemented this with takeaways or meals out.

If you google 'private chef dublin' I'm sure that you'll find something. To be honest - most of the posters in these forums love cooking for themselves, so may not be that familiar with such services. But you never know...

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I know of somewhere that actually offers a cook-what-you-want (with limitations service) but a: I've never used them and b: its in Maynooth.

https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-TiffinYourPerfsonalChef-Maynooth

I believe you can phone them for stuff not on the already rather lengthy menu

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I've never heard of someone physically coming to your house to cook your meals on a short-term basis like that, but there are plenty of meal delivery services out there that will make all your lunches & dinners for a week and deliver them to your house.

I've done it extensively, there's a lot fo business for hunting lodges and ski chalets for short-term contracts like that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

duploelabs wrote:
    I've done it extensively, there's a lot fo business for hunting lodges and ski chalets for short-term contracts like that

Sure we're tripping over ski chalets in Ireland, in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

duploelabs wrote: »

Probably not too much demand for such services in 3-bed semis in Glasnevin, or fire-trap apartments at Grand Canal Dock. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've been providing that service for Mr. Dizzy for decades - and now I find out I could have been getting paid for it elsewhere...

OP have you thought about stocking up on good ready meals? Marks & Spencer for instance. Roly's Bistro sell delicious-looking prepared dinners in their shop in Ballsbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

duploelabs wrote: »
    I doubt this was for a single person, probably a group who were on holidays. And I expect there were no restaurants nearby, or not many.

I imagine it would be far cheaper to just eat in restaurants in Dublin. Or why not look for good quality takeaway delivery services.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

rubadub wrote: »
    I doubt this was for a single person, probably a group who were on holidays. And I expect there were no restaurants nearby, or not many.

I imagine it would be far cheaper to just eat in restaurants in Dublin. Or why not look for good quality takeaway delivery services.

I cooked for two people in their house in dublin, and sometimes their guests too. Also cooked in a castle for a family and their guests too. No time to be doing it now but there's good money in it but unfortunately a whole different skill set is needed than working in restaurant for example

Advertisement