Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2016

Options

Comments

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Win by 8, decent result, not always easy down there, hopefully give Cork a decent game.

Thats in Thurles in a fortnight. Correct me if im wrong but is this the first Tipp v Cork meeting in Thurles in the football since that famous drawn game in 2002?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

callaway92 wrote: »
    They were so, so poor in the league that I wouldn't have any confidence whatsoever in anything more than a 3 point win. I haven't seen any odds for it or anything but I'd pick Tipp by 3, just about.

Yeah I think I'll give it a miss, the spread is 6. Liam Kearns getting the excuses in early so doesn't seem too confident.

Kearns is very fond of excuses.

Nice comfortable win for Tipp. Roll on Cork in two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Any confirmation of date and time for Tipp v Cork?
    Had been provisionally down for 11/12 of june.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

2 point win for the footballers against Cork.

Munster final July 3rd with kerry having home advantage.

Beat Cork in both codes this year, great stuff.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Some going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

My heart....the excitement in Thurles was unreal today !!
    Well done lads !!!! Great victory, bring on Killarney on July 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Unreal win. Great to see

First double over cork since 1923

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Brilliant win for Tipp footballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Big crowd tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Tipp SH v Limerick: Gleeson Barrett Barry Cahill Kennedy R Maher P Maher B Maher Breen McCormack P Maher N McGrath ODwyer Callanan J McGrath

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I'd expect a good 25000

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Weather will have a big play on it I'd say. I can't make it tomorrow due to exams on Tuesday and Wednesday but hopefully we get a bigger crowd than the Cork game. I'd say 25,000 is a good estimate

Glad he brought Bonner back into the side he'll add a bit more strength to the half forward line,Limerick have a fairly youthful team out tomorrow but luckily we have some great young players ourselves and hopefully they'll do the business,looking forward to it.............hon the premier.

Another very wet day in Thurles, won't suit us.
    Hard to know how good Limerick are, I'd expect us to win by 5 points or more. Hopefully get a few goals.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What a solid performance with 14 men. Couldn't fault any of the 14. Superb workrate. We would have won handy 15 v 15 I feel but we needed a test so perhaps the red worked out for the best. Shocked Limerick didn't play a sweeper especially with that inexperience they had but the red card meant we played against an extra defender whether we wanted to or not. We came through the test and showed unreal resolve

Great win today against the odds,down to 14 men you would think it's over and out,the team dug in well in the second half and it was great to see,backs and midfield were great and Bonner nearly back to his best......roll on the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Where will final be played, anyone? Thurles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

All indications are Limerick, although that was the case last year and Waterford eventually negotiated a nice little financial deal for themselves, so history may repeat itself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Seems that Limerick is the favourite for it at the moment.

• Advertisement

Really hope the game is in Thurles, Limerick is a nightmare! When will that decision be made?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Tyson Fury wrote:
    Really hope the game is in Thurles, Limerick is a nightmare! When will that decision be made?

Tomorrow night I heard

Decent win for the premier County but let's not get too carried away Limerick are extremely average. 2 points from play in the second half signifies that yet there was only 2 points in it at full time. Leaving Thurles yesterday couldn't help but think that if kk were playing Limerick it would have been over with 15 minutes to go. Same against Cork who were awful yet had a 20 metre free to bring it back to two points with 5 minutes to go. We need to start finish finishing off teams or we will get caught eventually.

Half forward line improved big time in the second half but were very poor first half imo, can't remember any of them winning a high ball, tactic seems to be to break the ball down and fight for it on the ground which isn't bad against Limerick but a completely different story against the likes of a kk or Waterford.

Backs are hurling well but still prone to giving away soft frees, I know the Ref was poor but dowling scored 8 points from frees, again we'll only get away with this for so long.

Ultimate test will come against Waterford, there an excellent side, they're the closest thing to Kilkenny without the firepower up front.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Confirmed for Limerick, that's a pain in the head.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Tyson Fury wrote:
    Confirmed for Limerick, that's a pain in the head.

Pain in the left one.absolute joke.going to be carnage with south tipp an waterford travelling the same road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Anyone know which end will be the Tipp one?

Are tickets only being sold through the clubs? Trying to buy tickets online but only terrace tickets available?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Blondie919 wrote:
    Anyone know which end will be the Tipp one?

Clare end

Tyson Fury wrote:
    Are tickets only being sold through the clubs? Trying to buy tickets online but only terrace tickets available?

Think all tickets for the stands are gone bar what the clubs give back.

• Advertisement

Going to head to the minor game after work.hopefully the lads put in a good performance.

Advertisement