Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

buggy beag wrote: »
    Going to head to the minor game after work.hopefully the lads put in a good performance.

Good win for the minors, we're really sticking it to Cork this year :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Good win for the minors, we're really sticking it to Cork this year :)

Minor football aside, thats all we have lost to them in.

Hurling - Seniors, Inters, Minors
    Football - Seniors

The hay is saved and we're still bayting Cork. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Tyson Fury wrote:
    Good win for the minors, we're really sticking it to Cork this year

Ya proud out of the boys.showed great heart 2nd half when for the first couple of mins looked like cork were going to run right over us.down by 6 to win by 5 some turnaround.yep say cork sick of the blue an gold this year.long may it continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Great win by the minors last night, this was a very well fancied Cork team whom Cork have been bigging up a long time so to go down to Cork and fall 6pts behind with 25 mins to go and to win pulling up in all reality was a super performance.

Liam Cahil is not everyone's cup of tea and has upset a few people during his term, but the reality is he got a very very ordinary minor team to an AI last year and now has overseen an away win in Ennis and an away win in Cork and we are at the very least guaranteed 2 more matches which will be massive in these players developments, keep up the good work Liam!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

All I ask for today is for Marty Morrissey to not be on commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Losing 2-7 to 1-4 half time.

Disappointed with that performance. Sometimes we just get the basic skills incredibly wrong. I cant fault the attitude of the lads but it was men against boys out there. Kerry could have beaten us by whatever score they wanted in truth but as the Kerry man told Ger Canning 'We've two eyes on Dublin'.

Ultimately, promotion to the top flight needs to be our number one objective over the next two seasons. All this patronising bulls*it about a 2nd tier championship, teams will only improve playing the very best and Monaghan are evidence of this. Suppose you get a trimming against Dublin or Kerry in the league its worth alot more going into the championship then playing the standard that we are currently playing against with all due respect to those counties. Its the only way we are going to smash that glass ceiling.

Disappointed with that performance. Sometimes we just get the basic skills incredibly wrong. I cant fault the attitude of the lads but it was men against boys out there. Kerry could have beaten us by whatever score they wanted in truth but as the Kerry man told Ger Canning 'We've two eyes on Dublin'.

Ultimately, promotion to the top flight needs to be our number one objective over the next two seasons. All this patronising bulls*it about a 2nd tier championship, teams will only improve playing the very best and Monaghan are evidence of this. Suppose you get a trimming against Dublin or Kerry in the league its worth alot more going into the championship then playing the standard that we are currently playing against with all due respect to those counties. Its the only way we are going to smash that glass ceiling.
    A better championship format is needed but until then yes. Being in division 1/2 all the time is the only way we might be able to compete.
    I don't think talk about splitting the championship is patronising as something is needed to help the overall competition as the current format isn't working

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Disappointed with the way we played but we were up against Kerry.

Let's hope we get a good run in the qualifiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Really enjoyed the trip to Killarney, the atmosphere around town was great both before and after the game, the good weather certainly helped with everyone out on the streets.
    One thing that annoyed me though was students are supposed to get a refund at the gate if they bought tickets before hand in Centra..there was no gate available in the terrace for this, 25 for a student terrace ticket is a bit much imo...I met a few local lads there who had tried to get this 10 euro refund back and failed, apparently it's available in all other Munster venues.

• Advertisement

solerina wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the trip to Killarney, the atmosphere around town was great both before and after the game, the good weather certainly helped with everyone out on the streets.
    One thing that annoyed me though was students are supposed to get a refund at the gate if they bought tickets before hand in Centra..there was no gate available in the terrace for this, 25 for a student terrace ticket is a bit much imo...I met a few local lads there who had tried to get this 10 euro refund back and failed, apparently it's available in all other Munster venues.

totally agree. This has happened me before at the u21 final back in 2010 when i was just a student myself at the time. Such a pile of absolute shít from the grab all association. it seems that it is available 50% of the time all of the time to quote of the characters in that movie Anchorman.
    One of the few things about the organisation that really irks me. :mad:

Real contempt and lack of understanding for fans who part with their hard earned for the county regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

A better championship format is needed but until then yes. Being in division 1/2 all the time is the only way we might be able to compete.
    I don't think talk about splitting the championship is patronising as something is needed to help the overall competition as the current format isn't working

The championship format is fine as it is !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    The championship format is fine as it is!
    No it isnt. Its completely messed up and needs to change to help all counties. Provincial championships role in All Ireland needs to go. Straight knockout with one chance if you lose has to go and be replaced with something better

The championship format is fine as it is !

In the last 82 years Cork and kerry have won munster every year apart from once...

Championship is perfect alright..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Let the guys and gals who go to the matches speak !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Let the guys and gals who go to the matches speak!
    Sorry but who are you to say who can and cant post?
    How is the championship fine the way it is? How does it not need changes to improve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Let the guys and gals who go to the matches speak !

the irony:rolleyes:

Who'll come in for bubbles lads?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Would prefer Forde myself and move Noel to 13, but think Niall O'Meara will get the nod instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

What Terrace will be the Tipp end?
    Don't want to be stuck with a buch of blaahs!

• Advertisement

What Terrace will be the Tipp end?
    Don't want to be stuck with a buch of blaahs!

Clare end

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Who'll come in for bubbles lads?
    Would prefer Forde myself and move Noel to 13, but think Niall O'Meara will get the nod instead.

Torn a bit on this myself, think the most likely is start NO'M with Forde to come in with 20 to go, Forde is more direct and a more prolific scorer, Niall offer serious work rate and has a bit more pace.

Last years Munster Final was ultimately won by Bubbles dropping deep and picking off long range points, thus negating the sweeper(s), I could see Noel and Forde playing a similar role on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Have been "volunteered" to collect and drive my partners father to Limerick on Sunday.

He is reasonably fit but would be sitting two long if in for both games so heading in around half time in minor game.

Whats an approx realistic time to leave Two mile Borris?

macjohn wrote: »
    Have been "volunteered" to collect and drive my partners father to Limerick on Sunday.

He is reasonably fit but would be sitting two long if in for both games so heading in around half time in minor game.

Whats an approx realistic time to leave Two mile Borris?

Around 1 I'd say if you're not having a few jars beforehand.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Forde would be my choice but I think Nial O Meara wouldn't let us down if he started.

Clare end

Are ehe Centra shops selling them?

Are ehe Centra shops selling them?

Jaysus I wouldn't have thought someone who has incorrectly predicted our demise twice already this year, labelled the team as losers and the management as a junior b outfit would be that eager to travel on Sunday.

And most certainly would have thought that someone with such forthright views would surely be a fully paid up member of his local club and wouldn't need to be going 'shopping' for tickets??

danganabu wrote: »
    Jaysus I wouldn't have thought someone who has incorrectly predicted our demise twice already this year, labelled the team as losers and the management as a junior b outfit would be that eager to travel on Sunday.

And most certainly would have thought that someone with such forthright views would surely be a fully paid up member of his local club and wouldn't need to be going 'shopping' for tickets??

I'd say you must be involved in politics up there in North Tipp dangan, you have a knack for turning a post of mine into a pack of lies. As for being a paid up member I have been all my life. Getting back to the question that I asked, do you know the answer?

I'd say you must be involved in politics up there in North Tipp dangan, you have a knack for turning a post of mine into a pack of lies. As for being a paid up member I have been all my life. Getting back to the question that I asked, do you know the answer?

Yes ehe centra are selling them, they may ask for ID ;)

What are these lies you speak of as a matter of interest??

• Advertisement

danganabu wrote: »
    Yes ehe centra are selling them, they may ask for ID ;)

What are these lies you speak of as a matter of interest??

You've answered my question so Toddle along now son you've served your purpose.

Advertisement