Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

lol you're as transparent as a pair of contact lenses.

You have accused me as being a liar now either offer some evidence, retract the claim, or fcuk off back under whatever rock you crawled out from under.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

danganabu wrote: »
    Jaysus I wouldn't have thought someone who has incorrectly predicted our demise twice already this year, labelled the team as losers and the management as a junior b outfit would be that eager to travel on Sunday.

And most certainly would have thought that someone with such forthright views would surely be a fully paid up member of his local club and wouldn't need to be going 'shopping' for tickets??

In fact I'm starting to doubt if he really is Dan Breen....

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Around 1 I'd say if you're not having a few jars beforehand.
    macjohn wrote: »
    Have been "volunteered" to collect and drive my partners father to Limerick on Sunday.

He is reasonably fit but would be sitting two long if in for both games so heading in around half time in minor game.

Whats an approx realistic time to leave Two mile Borris?

Thanks for that.

I reckon he might set off walking if I tell him not on the road 1pm!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Niall O Meara in for bubbles the only change from the team that played Limerick,Less hope he goes well............hon the premier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Bubbles will be a loss but I'm just not impressed with Waterford. Tipp x 3 or 4.

• Advertisement

Most of the pundits are going for a Waterford win,the bookies are going for Tipp though.

Wow! Don't think anyone saw that coming. What way will a defeat like that effect Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

The system slayers behead the wicked beast!!!

Wow! Don't think anyone saw that coming. What way will a defeat like that effect Waterford?

They seemed to have absolutely no plan B when their plan was foiled. Tbh i dont think their game against Wexford is a foregone conclusion. Wexford have beaten them before a mere two year ago, its a south east derby so they wont fear them. Can Waterford go back to man on man hurling? They have some brilliant hurlers and need to abandon this system straight away. It was difficult to break down but the system is bred on fear of losing heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Serious capitulation from Waterford second half, hard to know what caused it. Great to see our forwards winning high ball, not sure that tactic will work against kk but was great to see all the same. Need to watch it back as I didn't have a great seat. The gaelic grounds really is a awful venue.

Also 3 times this year I've paid extra for "covered stand" tickets and 3 times I've got drownded, staying away from tickets.ie from now on.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Serious capitulation from Waterford second half, hard to know what caused it. Great to see our forwards winning high ball, not sure that tactic will work against kk but was great to see all the same. Need to watch it back as I didn't have a great seat. The gaelic grounds really is a awful venue.

Also 3 times this year I've paid extra for "covered stand" tickets and 3 times I've got drownded, staying away from tickets.ie from now on.

The difference this season is we are working the shìt out of opposition backs and we have forwards who are willing and ready for battle. What we don't catch, we harass the lard out of the opposition forcing them to poc over the sideline or a turnover

Two massive wins for Tipp Minors and seniors yesterday,great to see both teams going so well.looking forward to the next game.

Just looking back at the match now. Poor Derek (who comes across as a nice genuine and decent man tbf to him) looked a ball of nerves whereas Mick by contrast was very relaxed.

With the refusal to play in Thurles and the whole system that they deploy i think it probably played into our hands. We smelt fear and pounced. Derek watched Waterford getting a hammering back in 2011 from Tipp and said to himself that if he ever got the job that this would not happen again.. Their whole system is based on fear of losing.

So the Perms and Combs for Semis
    Correct me if i am wrong but if....

Clare and Wexford win....open draw
    Galway and Wexford win... Tipp v Galway, Kilkenny v Wexford
    Clare and Waterford win... Tipp v Clare, Kilkenny v Waterford
    Galway and Waterford win.... Tipp v Galway, Kilkenny v Waterford (same as last year)

Just watching the game again. 24 minute of the game Cathal Barrett mugged Shane Fives for a ball...

Reminded me of this :D

26,000 attendance was very poor, think that's the last we could be seeing off the gaelic grounds for a while. There was more at the munster quarter final!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Someone in the GAA hurling thread posted this interesting graph showing attendances for the last 20 years for the Munster and Leinster Finals:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100332451&postcount=766

Tyson Fury wrote:
    26,000 attendance was very poor, think that's the last we could be seeing off the gaelic grounds for a while. There was more at the munster quarter final!

You wouldnt even have known a game was on down there.no atmosphere at all down there never is.absolute kip of a place.

When you only have one covered stand and the forecast(correctly) was for constant heavy rain then Limerick is never suitable.

Big game for the under 21s in Thurles Thursday evening, very good Limerick side, can't go as I'm out of the country but it should be a cracker

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote:
    Big game for the under 21s in Thurles Thursday evening, very good Limerick side, can't go as I'm out of the country but it should be a cracker

Waterford v clare then tomorrow night is it?
    Its a big ask to beat this limerick side id say but ya neva no.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

buggy beag wrote: »
    Waterford v clare then tomorrow night is it?
    Its a big ask to beat this limerick side id say but ya neva no.

Was looking for a 21s panel on the website but couldn't find one. John McGrath is overage I think, but Ronan Maher is still eligible and Barry Heffernan if he's fit. Not sure what is coming up the ranks behind them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Was looking for a 21s squad on the website but couldn't find one. John McGrath is overage I think, but Ronan Maher is still eligible and Barry Heffernan if he's fit. Not sure what is coming up the ranks behind them though.
    Squad might not have been named yet.

John McGrath is overage.

Squad might not have been named yet.

John McGrath is overage.

Yeah McGrath is gone. It's Heffernan i'm really wondering about, don't think he's played any hurling since the League, club or county. But was listed among the subs sunday, so I'm hoping he'll figure against Limerick. (Assuming he's still eligible that is, but I think he is alright).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Yeah McGrath is gone. It's Heffernan i'm really wondering about, don't think he's played any hurling since the League, club or county. But was listed among the subs sunday, so I'm hoping he'll figure against Limerick. (Assuming he's still eligible that is, but I think he is alright).
    Heffernan hadn't played in quite a while due to getting several concussions in a relatively short period so was stood down and couldn't train or play so may come back now that he is training fully and can play matches again

Was looking for a 21s panel on the website but couldn't find one. John McGrath is overage I think, but Ronan Maher is still eligible and Barry Heffernan if he's fit. Not sure what is coming up the ranks behind them though.

Looking forward to seeing Russell playing. A very very capable replacement for Colin o'riordan in terms of aerial ability. You also have Josh Keane, Jack Shelly (brilliant workrate), Tommy Nolan and Tom Fox lining out.

There is a young chap from Roscrea Sam Conlon who Id like to get a further look at. He has build and athleticism similar to Lar Corbett and there is definately room to develop him further

So there is a team...and Ronan Maher is captain, but that's all I can tell because the link on the Tipp website does not work for me!

Ok working now. 11 still there from last year and a smattering of senior experience too. Should be capable of a good showing at least.

1. Brian Hogan – Lorrha-Dorrha
    2. Paul Maher – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    3. Tom Fox – Éire Óg Annacarty
    4. David Sweeney – Kiladangan
    5. Barry Heffernan – Nenagh Éire Óg
    6. Ronan Maher (Capt.) – Thurles Sarsfields
    7. Sean Ryan – Sean Treacys
    8. Billy McCarthy – Thurles Sarsfields
    9. Andrew Coffey – Nenagh Éire Óg
    10. Jack Shelly – Mullinahone
    11. Stephen Quirke – Moyle Rovers
    12. Josh Keane – Golden-Kilfeacle
    13. Conor Lanigan – Thurles Sarsfields
    14. Mark Russell – Lattin Cullen
    15. Willie Connors – Kiladangan

• Advertisement

Ok working now. 11 still there from last year and a smattering of senior experience too. Should be capable of a good showing at least.

1. Brian Hogan – Lorrha-Dorrha
    2. Paul Maher – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    3. Tom Fox – Éire Óg Annacarty
    4. David Sweeney – Kiladangan
    5. Barry Heffernan – Nenagh Éire Óg
    6. Ronan Maher (Capt.) – Thurles Sarsfields
    7. Sean Ryan – Sean Treacys
    8. Billy McCarthy – Thurles Sarsfields
    9. Andrew Coffey – Nenagh Éire Óg
    10. Jack Shelly – Mullinahone
    11. Stephen Quirke – Moyle Rovers
    12. Josh Keane – Golden-Kilfeacle
    13. Conor Lanigan – Thurles Sarsfields
    14. Mark Russell – Lattin Cullen
    15. Willie Connors – Kiladangan

Jeez id forgotten about big Quirke who is a handful. Willie Connors very rated player though as is Andy Coffee and Billy McCarthy. Paul Maher (brother of Bill) hit a world of ball for that minor team down in Waterford a few years ago at centre back.

Limerick are excellent at this level although games have been close between the two at minor and u21 grade since 2013.

A fairly even North, South, West and Mid spread throughout that team.

Advertisement