Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Tipp are 4/1 to reach the final
    They will longer odds to beat Dublin
    or Kerry.
    I'd be looking for 33/1 or better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

So, are we in an all Ireland semi final on Sunday or what?
    Where's all the build up,analysis etc? Are we going to be mugged like last year all over again?

Where's all the build up,analysis etc? Are we going to be mugged like last year all over again?
    Well?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Having a thread in the GAA forum and many regular posters post there now.
    No harm in both especially at end of year as we can keep having new yearly threads in this forum and the thread in GAA forum can keep going until it reaches 10000 post limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Very low key build up what with the footballers and that hurling classic last weekend. I'd be very concerned regarding this match, we seem to have been installed as big favourites despite Galway being the far superior team last year. They destroyed us physically last year and it's a similar enough team this year. We've improved, hopefully enough to beat Galway but it's going to be a serious test.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Very low key build up what with the footballers and that hurling classic last weekend. I'd be very concerned regarding this match, we seem to have been installed as big favourites despite Galway being the far superior team last year. They destroyed us physically last year and it's a similar enough team this year. We've improved, hopefully enough to beat Galway but it's going to be a serious test.

I wouldn't think its a similar team in any way Tyson.

Michael Cahill has regained his old form or something approaching it, which strenghtens the FB line hugely.

The HB line is unquestionably stronger with Ronan centre and Padraic on the wing, he simply cant play in the middle.

Midfield is light years ahead of last year, with Mickey Breen the find of the year and Brendan Maher returned to his best position.

The half forward line has far more balance to it with McCormack and Bonner sharing the 'graft' side of things.

FF line, John McGrath need I say more!

And that's just the personel changes, the style and tactics have definitely changed as well and for the better IMO. Mick Ryan has added a certain steel to the team and while no major tests have been passed yet, the signs certainly look positive.

True, but still 10 players will probably start that started last year. Tipp have improved no doubt, hopefully by enough.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

True, but still 10 players will probably start that started last year. Tipp have improved no doubt, hopefully by enough.

Darren and Seamie were really the only two that won their individual battles and we still only lost by a point, I would be very confident and think the bookies have it spot on.

Our bench is definitely stronger this year as well, Shane Bourke was the first sub introduced last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I wouldn't be very concerned but I wouldn't worry about favourites and all that. We've improved and if we get more players who win their own battles than last year we should win.

Last year I was very wary of Galway and that's how it worked out. This year I think we will take them and hope that's how it works out. BTW the West board need to cut out this distraction with the footballers.

• Advertisement

Im confident of victory on Sunday. I think we'll bring a higher intensity to the table and the hunter now becomes the hunted. We'll turnover more ball this time in their third and as well as increasing our point tally we'll get goals. Dangerous thing me being confident though :D

I know it's hard not seeing the training and I haven't seen him for his club but would ye start bubbles?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I know it's hard not seeing the training and I haven't seen him for his club but would ye start bubbles?

I wouldnt. I think it would send the wrong message to the panel to drop Niall O'meara who played very well in the Munster final. Also, Dan McCormack tbf to him has done little wrong. Stick with the lads who won the Munster final. It sets the tone that this Tipperary side is a tough one to break into so drives competition in training and a hungry Bubbles entering the field when the opposition is tiring is a great prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Definitely start Bubbles imo.

tippspur wrote: »
    Definitely start Bubbles imo.

the mind wanders back to 2011 when John o'keeffe was at number 5 and brendan maher was dropped. Many criticised the management for playing an inexperienced o'keeffe on Shefflin but up to the Kilkenny game o'keeffe had done little wrong while probably not hurling up a storm either. he hadnt really been tested. Its probably a pity in a way that Conal Keaney missed that game in 2011 because we could have seen whether o'keeffe was up to it or not at that stage.

I wouldnt. I think it would send the wrong message to the panel to drop Niall O'meara who played very well in the Munster final. Also, Dan McCormack tbf to him has done little wrong. Stick with the lads who won the Munster final. It sets the tone that this Tipperary side is a tough one to break into so drives competition in training and a hungry Bubbles entering the field when the opposition is tiring is a great prospect

I'd go along with that. Bubbles would stir them up when he comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

I'd start bubbles, he is a player that will pop over points all day but i don't think running at tired defences in the last 20mins is his strength.
    He has a lot of pressure on him to make amends for his stupid and petulant red card against Limerick. I'd be worried that if he didn't start he'd come on in the second half and be too fired up to prove a point and do something reckless

I think he's good for 6 points over 70mins and as good as Niall O'Meara is i don't think he'd score 3

Definitely in the don't start Bubbles camp myself, Bubbles has been sent off 3 times in the last 12 months and I can think of at least 2 other incidents where he most definitely should have, this is not an isolated incident, he needs to have repercussions for his actions or he will never learn.

If Bubbles starts who do you drop, or more to the point how do you drop someone who played in a forward unit that was completely and utterly dominant in a Munster final, and more importantly if you were to do that then what type of message does that send out?

People have said to me that he must start and that he wouldn't be effective off the bench etc. I don't agree, does anyone remember his debut against Limerick in the Gaelic Grounds. Leave him on the bench to reflect and stew a little and spring him with 20 mins to go and he will be chomping at the bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not too confident in getting the win. Hopefully I'll be way off!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

i think myself if tipp are tuned in and up for this game we should win,but if we are not right from the time the ball is thrown in we are in serious trouble,micky cahill back is a big plus from last year,our midfield is definatly better and our fowards are working harder and we have a better bench also and a fully fit noel mcgrath and also john mcgrath who is a one of the stars of the summer

looking back on the waterford game,although niall o meara didnt score he done serious work and broke down alot of ball which led to scores and his work rate was terrific and i just cant see how the foward unit could be changed from the waterford game after their display although micheal ryan did always say he picks his team on training so all we can do is wait and see,but personally i would start bubbles on the bench even though that score he got with the last puck of the ball against galway in the league,very few in the country would of nailing that

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Not too confident in getting the win. Hopefully I'll be way off!

You will be way off. This Tipp team has come on since last year. If we are prepared to hound Galway down and thus convert early scores it will set the tone for this game. Galway seldom do comebacks. If we build up a lead and pose our authority on this game early we have the hurlers to see this out.

Team to be announced tomorrow evening

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Team to be announced tomorrow evening

There is very little talk or hype about this game i notice. Could be due to various reasons. Footballers took some limelight, The subsequent unfortunate business with the west/north boards, KK v Waterford gone to a replay and people may be preoccupied with the Olympics at the moment.

Its ideal for both teams really. They can live within their own little bubble in the buildup.

Tipp team unchanged!! Minor and senior!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Tipp team unchanged!! Minor and senior!

Happy enough to hear that. Was sure he'd start Bubbles.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Good decision to stick with the same 15 IMO anyway. Bubbles is a savage sub to bring on with 25/20 mins to go.

Good decision to stick with the same 15 IMO anyway. Bubbles is a savage sub to bring on with 25/20 mins to go.

Exactly, one of the the things that cost us last year, nobody able to come off the bench to change the game.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭shmeee

Bubbles may start yet, rumours of an injury and the player in question is getting every chance to start.

Either way, Galway will **** themselves when they see Bubbles coming in as their legs start to give in, during the second half. Will lift the roof off Croker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Galway will be delighted that he's not starting tbh. Impact subs are important but they shouldn't be at the expense of a forward that would walk into any team in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Dan McCormack is a doubt for Sunday so Bubbles may start anyway.

Advertisement