Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2016

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

cant wait for tomorow,i think it will be tough but i have held the opion all year that tipp wont be beat this year and i still have this view,mick ryan has put his own stamp on this team and all asscoicated with this group look really focused this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Looking forward to heading up to croker in the morning,with the cats winning this evening makes it all the better if we can win and get another crack at them and stop the 3 in a row..... hon the premier

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

glued wrote:
    Dan McCormack is a doubt for Sunday so Bubbles may start anyway.

Heard dan is alright.fit and ready to go.

glued wrote: »
    Galway will be delighted that he's not starting tbh. Impact subs are important but they shouldn't be at the expense of a forward that would walk into any team in the country.

I wouldnt be the biggest fan of Dan McCormack but i must acknowledge he has worked ferociously hard for us this championship. If he is out then its rough on him. I cant fault his attitude, effort or heart for us. I do think though he lacks a bit of quality though required at this level. He may prove me wrong in time.

I see exactly what Mick is trying to do. He is trying to create a panel ala what Cody has done in Kilkenny. Look at tonight where Liam Blanchfield was helicoptered in and scored three points and almost a goal (See Walter Walsh All ireland final 2012)

Looking forward to tommorrow in what should be the first of two great weeks ahead. Up the Premier!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭shmeee

glued wrote: »
    Dan McCormack is a doubt for Sunday so Bubbles may start anyway.

Dan is starting, team as named.

Massive day for Tipperary tomorrow.

• Advertisement

On the bus.cant wait.mon da premier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Obviously delighted to be in the final but there's a lot to work on. There was far too many wides which will have to be addressed. Still, we're in the final, happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Our worst game t date. Plenty to work on

Fukn hell need to step it up big time in the intensity stakes for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Just home from Croker, still a bit stunned that we won that. Poorest we've seen from the full forward line in a while. Huge improvement needed to even give themselves a shot in the final, imho.

• Advertisement

It's strange the way Galway always seem to put it up to us yet always wilt when playing the cats:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

We played very poorly but still won....great atmosphere on the hill today though to be fair !!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Blessed to be in the final.

Forgot to go home last night, severe hangover this morning in work.

Will need to watch it back on TV.

Thought the puck outs were a huge problem.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

It was a semi. All that mattered was winning. Lots to improve on but we've 3 weeks to do it.

digzy wrote: »
    It's strange the way Galway always seem to put it up to us yet always wilt when playing the cats:confused:

i think this is more of a reflection of the difference between Tipperary and Kilkenny. Tipperary's forwards struggled yesterday. John Mcgrath was finally brought into the game late on and he was terrific when we needed a hero whereas Kilkenny's forwards almost always have impact on a game. if richie hogan is out of it then tj reid steps up to the plate. if tj is quiet then colin fennelly prospers or Walter Walsh. Their forwards link better and are like the red arrows on the attack. Bonnar as much as i love his hard work runs into some amount of dead ends. Niall o'meara was even more guilty of this yesterday and made a costly mistake for the first goal.

Getting to the point i suppose our intensity levels dont have the required consistency....Kilkenny always bring ferocious heat to the battle. We have to go back to the well and take every inch of water we can out of it for three weeks time, otherwise groundhog day awaits.

It was a semi. All that mattered was winning. Lots to improve on but we've 3 weeks to do it.

We very nearly blew it for the second year running. The old failing of forwards completely out of the game came back to haunt us again. Galway were fielding on their own and had time to poc it out but fortunately they hit alot of aimless ball up to no one. Kilkenny wont do this though. They will find guys well capable of winning their own ball. if we allow the likes of cillian buckley or Padraig Walsh that time on the ball then unfortunately there is only going to be one winner.

These guys need to ask themselves some hard questions in the coming days. How fúcking bad do they want this celtic cross? Because they will have to go to the depths of hell and back for it. Thats not being dramatic thats been realistic. Look at Waterford the last two games. They busted a gut and still came up short. We got very very lucky. Hopefully we realise just how much

Tipp favourites on bet365, madness!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

We very nearly blew it for the second year running. The old failing of forwards completely out of the game came back to haunt us again. Galway were fielding on their own and had time to poc it out but fortunately they hit alot of aimless ball up to no one. Kilkenny wont do this though. They will find guys well capable of winning their own ball. if we allow the likes of cillian buckley or Padraig Walsh that time on the ball then unfortunately there is only going to be one winner.

These guys need to ask themselves some hard questions in the coming days. How fúcking bad do they want this celtic cross? Because they will have to go to the depths of hell and back for it. Thats not being dramatic thats been realistic. Look at Waterford the last two games. They busted a gut and still came up short. We got very very lucky. Hopefully we realise just how much
    Yes but my point still very much stands. We've 3 weeks. All depends on what we do in this 3 weeks. Yes we nearly blew it but most importantly we didn't.

Yes but my point still very much stands. We've 3 weeks. All depends on what we do in this 3 weeks. Yes we nearly blew it but most importantly we didn't.

I hope we make the most of them. id hate if it was a repeat of 2011 where after we got our warning v Dublin we were limp in the final. That said id imagine Mick Ryan will recognise the importance of the fixture and have us well primed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Would'nt it be nice to see a Tipp v Dublin football final like the Bloody Sunday match in this year of 1916.
    All we need is to beat Mayo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Would'nt it be nice to see a Tipp v Dublin football final like the Bloody Sunday match in this year of 1916.
    All we need is to beat Mayo!

Jaysus I don't know, I would fear what a Dublin team in full flight could do to us, it may do more harm that good.

Lots of questions after Sunday, Galway put it up to us and we really struggled for large parts. 4 out of 6 forwards failed to score from play, if that happens against kk then we've no chance.

Lots of praise for Bonnar, huge work rate but ultimately he's a centre forward who struggles to score or win high ball. Again similar to last year I thought we were bullied physically, granted Galway are a huge team but so to are kk.

Throughout munster we went with the short puck outs and they generally worked as we could bypass the half forward line or get a good cross field ball which benefits the forward. We reverted to long puck outs, which we lost all of them unless we were able to break them onto to the ground.

Subs didn't make a huge difference imo, bubbles took his goal well but to me he didn't look sharp at all, certainly seems to have gained some weight since the Limerick game. Same can be said for Jason Forde.

Ultimately we're back in a final, I think the players realise that performance levels must go up if we're to win. There's room for improvement but I think we'll need a fee tricks up our sleeve if we're to get past kk, I think we're very predictable.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Lots of questions after Sunday, Galway put it up to us and we really struggled for large parts. 4 out of 6 forwards failed to score from play, if that happens against kk then we've no chance.

I don't get this, KK forwards were the exact same against Waterford the first day, people are still talking about KK as if its the old team, its a far cry from it.

danganabu wrote: »
    I don't get this, KK forwards were the exact same against Waterford the first day, people are still talking about KK as if its the old team, its a far cry from it.

If only 2 of our forwards score from play the next day I find it hard to see how we can win the match.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    If only 2 of our forwards score from play the next day I find it hard to see how we can win the match.

Or the flip side being that if we get 6 points from play from our half back line and Midfield we will be extremely difficult to beat, where the scores come from is largely irrelevant as I say KK had the exact same problem in the drawn game and none of Power, Fennelly or Farrell contributed anything near as much as Bonner. Bubbles will start and the chances of Callinan being held scoreless two days running as extremely remote.

There are plenty of reasons to be worried/sceptical but I don't think our scoring power is one of them.

danganabu wrote: »
    Or the flip side being that if we get 6 points from play from our half back line and Midfield we will be extremely difficult to beat, where the scores come from is largely irrelevant as I say KK had the exact same problem in the drawn game and none of Power, Fennelly or Farrell contributed anything near as much as Bonner. Bubbles will start and the chances of Callinan being held scoreless two days running as extremely remote.

There are plenty of reasons to be worried/sceptical but I don't think our scoring power is one of them.

Fair enough but power and farrell were dropped for the replay. I'd expect tipp to keep the same forwards with Bubbles in for o'meara.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I think we are well capable of beating them this time, Michael Fennelly is a big loss to KK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Best of luck to the Tipp footballers tomorrow,they have a chance I think.

Don't wanna burst anyone's bubble but if we're within 5 of mayo at the end it'd be a respectable result.

We've taken 2 big scalps this year. However, I'd have concerns at how cork hammered us in the final 10 mins, the huge score we shipped against Derry and our poor conversion rate (30%) against Galway. Galway took us for granted too which resulted in a lack of intensity. This isn't mayo's first rodeo. They are forewarned and won't be as naive as Galway.

I want the team to win as much as anyone. I know Leicester won the premier league and burnley won yesterday so anything can happen 'any given Sunday', but I'd fear this will be a bridge too far for our young team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Big round of applause for the footballers, did Tipp proud.

Advertisement