Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullied by neighbour's kids.

Options
  • 15-10-2015 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My 5 year old girl and I live on our own in a lovely small estate. We've been here for 3 years. Ever since we moved in she has never fitted in with the kids in the estate despite her best efforts as she is very sociable and generally gets on with other kids although she's no saint. However there are 3 boys aged 5, 7 and 8 and they are constantly picking on her, making fun of her, getting the better of her, blocking her on her bike and when she alerts an adult by bawling they're all shouting that she started it. I just feel I'm in her defence all the time. I do try to get to the bottom of it and when she's in the wrong I tell her off but my suspicion is that they torment her and she reacts. The two brothers parents are never seen. I say hello but am building up the courage to go speak to them and the other guys mother is lovely. I get on really well with her and don't want to lose that friendship but I really think her little brat is the worst and I've even started to dislike him even though he's a child. It's getting so hard to be diplomatic. I feel its getting worse as we are around a lot more than usual as she has started school and we've a routine now. Any advice on how to nip this in the bud once and for all. I don't think those kids are going to accept her now the way things are going with me jumping in more than ever but what can I do. I can't listen to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

An idea could possibly be outside (gardening or some excuse like that) when she is outside to keep an eye on things and invite school friends over so she has other kids to play with

Advertisement